become an editor
the entire directory
only in Presidents/Lincoln,_Abraham
Speeches and Writings
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: Presidents: Lincoln, Abraham
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: First Ladies: Lincoln, Mary Todd
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Vice Presidents: Hamlin, Hannibal
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War
A. Lincoln Bibliophile
- Dedicated to Lincoln books, pamphlets, and periodicals relating to the life and times of Abraham Lincoln. Contains detailed bibliographies of all Lincoln titles published since 1990.
- Provides a biography of American President Abraham Lincoln. Includes his portrait and a list of his Supreme Court appointments.
- Brief biography and selection of speeches from the HTML project.
- Biographical essay by James Russell Lowell. The bulk of the essay was written in 1864 with a postscript added upon Lincoln's death in 1865. Available as plain text, HTML, or as a zip file.
- A play written in 1918 by John Drinkwater. In plain text, HTML, or as a zip file. At Project Gutenberg.
The Abraham Lincoln Association
- Membership organization promoting Lincoln scholarship and research. Publishes a quarterly journal. Hosts online "The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln" by Roy E. Basler.
Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum
- Museum on the LMU campus contains Lincoln and Civil War collections including personal memorabilia of President Lincoln along with 20,000 books, manuscripts, pamphlets, photographs, paintings and sculptures.
Abraham Lincoln Online
- Presents news about Abraham Lincoln books, speeches and writings, historic places, and events.
Abraham Lincoln Page
- Lots of information about Lincoln in this personal site, including text of speeches, letters, and proclamations, and links to associated historical sites.
Abraham Lincoln Research Site
- Information compiled by an American history teacher includes a summary for students, biographical materials, timeline, quotes, original texts and photographs of Abraham Lincoln and his family.
Abraham Lincoln: An Extraordinary Life
- National Museum of American History online exhibition presenting a survey of Lincoln's life and accomplishments.
American President: Abraham Lincoln
- Fact file and comprehensive biographical sketch based on PBS series. Also includes gallery and quotations.
Bartleby.com: Abraham Lincoln
- Collection of works by and about Lincoln. Includes political debates, speeches, a number of essays, and biographies.
Cancer and Abraham Lincoln
- Presents evidence that Lincoln had the genetic cancer syndrome multiple endocrine neoplasia (type 2B), and that he was dying of cancer when he was shot.
A Challenge to the Ancestry of Abraham Lincoln
- The research of one of Lincoln's descendants, according to the North Carolina tradition.
Daguerreotype of Young Abraham Lincoln
- This site describes the research behind the "Kaplan Daguerreotype" portrait and the possibility that this may be the earliest portrait of young Abraham Lincoln.
From Revolution to Reconstruction: Abraham Lincoln
- A biography of Abraham Lincoln's presidential years, written as part of an educational project focusing on the history of the United States by students of the University of Groningen.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History - Abraham Lincoln
- A free website if you are a K-12 educator or student. This page features information about Abraham Lincoln.
The History Place Presents Abraham Lincoln
- Illustrated chronology of Lincoln's life, with key points expanded upon in short articles.
History.com - Abraham Lincoln
- Profile of the 16th President includes video and audio galleries along with his biography, a timeline and transcripts of major speeches.
Illinois Historical Preservation Agency: Lincoln Never Said That...
- Lincoln is often quoted and misquoted by public officials and celebrities. Research these common misnomers to ensure you do not make the same mistakes yourself.
The Life of Abraham Lincoln
- "An Illustrated Timeline for Young Readers". Simple biography illustrated by first-graders. There's notes for teachers and a gallery for more children's contributions.
The Lincoln Group of the District of Columbia
- A non-profit, tax-exempt historical society with a nationwide membership, devoted to the study of Abraham Lincoln since 1935.
The Lincoln Institute
- The Lincoln Institute presents six web sites on the work, ideas, and contemporaries of President Abraham Lincoln -- with a wealth of resources for those studying and researching the Civil War era and the emancipation of America's slaves.
A Lincoln Library
- Virtual library about our nation's 16th President.
- The Joseph Nathanson Collection of Lincolniana at McGill University Library. Information and virtual exhibit.
the Lincoln Society of Dayton
- Educational events, displays and resources commemorating Lincoln's life, his compassion, patriotism, and impact on civil rights and honoring his visit to Dayton, OH in 1859.
- Did Lincoln abuse the Constitution during the Civil War? Discussion with law professor Daniel Farber.
- Presents historical materials from Abraham Lincoln's Illinois years (1830-1861), including Lincoln's writings and speeches, as well as other materials relating to antebellum Illinois. Produced by the Abraham Lincoln Historical Digitization Project for students and scholars.
Mr. Lincoln's Virtual Library
- Two collections about Abraham Lincoln: his papers (20,000 items, mostly from his presidency) and contemporaneous sheet music (over 200 songs). A cooperative project with the Library of Congress.
NPS - Abraham Lincoln Birthplace
- Photographs and a virtual visitor center of the National Historic Site, from the National Park Service.
NPS - Lincoln Home
- National Historic Site in Springfield, Illinois is the only home that Lincoln ever owned, living there from 1844 until he was elected President in 1861. From the National Park Service.
On Abraham Lincoln
- 1894 biography by Robert Green Ingersoll, with hypertext.
Restoration Quarterly: The Secret Baptism of Abraham Lincoln
- Reviews and dismisses accounts of a secret baptism.
Six Historic Americans: Abraham Lincoln
- Electronic version of a text which devotes more than three hundred pages to the question "Was Lincoln a Christian?" From The Secular Web.
The Washington Post - Lincoln Bicentennial
- Coverage of events celebrating Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. Maps and event information on exhibits, family-friendly activities, performances and talks.
The White House: Abraham Lincoln
- Biography, speeches and quotes from the White House's official site.
Wikipedia - Abraham Lincoln
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the 16th President of the United States.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2015 at 8:45:11 UTC -