become an editor
the entire directory
only in Lincoln,_Abraham/Assassination
Booth, John Wilkes
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: Presidents: Lincoln, Abraham: Assassination
Society: Crime: Murder: Assassinations
Abraham Lincoln Assassination
- Information compiled by an American history teacher includes a summary for students, an eyewitness account, the military commission, conspiracy theories, John Wilkes Booth, contemporaneous photographs and texts.
Abraham Lincoln's Assassination and Freemasonry
- Explores the involvement of the Freemasons in the assassination; also draws parallels to JFK's murder.
Abraham Lincoln's White House Funeral Sermon
- Complete text of the sermon delivered at Lincoln's funeral.
Blood on the Moon
- Edward Steers discusses his book, Blood on the Moon: The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln, on Booknotes.org.
Did Lincoln Deserve to be Assassinated?
- An alternative view of Lincoln's Assassination. What were the motives behind the murder? Did Lincoln fit the definition of a tyrant? Did Lincoln preserve the Union at the price of individual liberty?
Flight and capture of John H. Surratt
- Excerpt from Gen. T. M. Harris' book of the 1890s.
Ford's Theatre National Historic Site
- Photos and a brief history of the site of the assassination, which is now managed by the National Park Service.
Gen. Henry L. Burnett's Memories of the Lincoln Assassination Trial
- The text of a talk given by Brigadier-General Henry Lawrence Burnett, an assistant special judge advocate for the Lincoln Assassination Trial, to the Presbyterian Church of Goshen, NY on his memories of the times and the trial.
Images of the Civil War - Lincoln's Assassination
- Photographs related to the assassination of Lincoln, including a large photograph of the hanging of the four conspirators.
Lincoln Assassination Report
- Police blotter listing the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln, 11:00 p.m., April 14, 1865. National Archives, Records of the Government of the District of Columbia.
Mr. Lincoln's Virtual Library-assassination
- Account of the assassination with contemporary illustrations. From the Library of Congress.
Surratt House Museum
- The home of Mary Surratt, who was executed for her alleged part in the assassination plot.
Wet With Blood
- The Chicago Historical reproduces a classic text that examines the physical evidence of Lincoln's assassination.
News of Abraham Lincoln's Death
- Official dispatches as published in the New York Times following Lincoln's death. (April 16, 1865)
President Lincoln Shot by an Assassin
- First article from the New York Times on the shooting. [PDF] (April 15, 1865)
Abraham Lincoln assassination
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2015 at 16:58:19 UTC -