become an editor
the entire directory
only in Presidents/Jefferson,_Thomas
Speeches and Writings
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: First Ladies: Jefferson, Martha
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Vice Presidents: Burr, Aaron
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Vice Presidents: Clinton, George
Society: History: By Time Period: Eighteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: American Revolution
- Article by Joseph J. Ellis entitled American Sphinx examines the contradictions of Thomas Jefferson.
The Election of 1800: Teaching about a Critical Moment in the History of American Constitutional Democracy
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which discusses the importance of the peaceful transfer of power from John Adams to Thomas Jefferson. [PDF]
- Details about the 3rd President of the United States. Offers a browsing index with a large selection of categories, library collections, a Thomas Jefferson Portal and a list of related links.
Life of Thomas Jefferson
- Online text of B.L. Rayner's biography "published just eight years after Jefferson's death, it is a fervent story, filled with the republican spirit".
- Jefferson's home in Charlottesville. Information about the house, plantation and grounds as well as the man himself.
Report of the Research Committee on Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings
- Final report of the Thomas Jefferson Memorial Foundation's examination, published in January of 2000, available as hypertext and PDF.
Six Historic Americans: Thomas Jefferson
- Article argues that Jefferson's writings prove he was not a Christian, but a Freethinker.
- Provides a biography of American President Thomas Jefferson. Includes his portrait and a list of his Supreme Court appointments.
- Short biography from the official Whitehouse site.
Thomas Jefferson Digital Archive
- Over 1,700 items, including some color manuscript images, texts, quotations, bibliography and other resources from the UVA.
Thomas Jefferson Online
- Site based on the PBS documentary by Ken Burns.
Thomas Jefferson: Radical and Racist
- In the future Jefferson will not be considered the Sage of Monticello argues Conor Cruise O'Brien in the Atlantic.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 8:54:09 UTC -