become an editor
the entire directory
only in Presidents/Jackson,_Andrew
Speeches and Writings
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings: Capitol: Statuary Hall
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Vice Presidents: Calhoun, John Caldwell
American President: Andrew Jackson
- Fact file and comprehensive biographical sketch based on PBS series.
- Biographical sketch includes information on Jackson's role in the War of 1812, as a congressman, a U.S. senator, a judge on the Tennessee Supreme Court, and as president.
- Provides a biography of the American President Andrew Jackson. Includes his portrait and a list of his Supreme Court appointments.
- Official White House biography and fun facts.
Andrew Jackson - Wikipedia
- Most notable for a portrait of Jackson which is not often seen.
Andrew Jackson Speaks
- Includes an analysis of the Indian Removal Act of 1830 as well as sections of Jackson's speeches and writings related to this subject.
Andrew Jackson: Champion of the Kingly Commons
- An in-depth look at both the myths of this commoner-turned-president and the man himself. Examines Jackson's role in society, his public image, his words, and the way in which he has been remembered.
The Battle of Horseshoe Bend: Collision of Cultures
- The Battle of Horseshoe Bend (1814) was critical to Jackson's career and the resolution of the "indian problem."
Horseshoe Bend National Military Park
- Official National Park Service site commemorating the battle in 1814 between Colonel Andrew Jackson and the Creek Indian nation in what is now modern day Alabama. Includes maps of the battle area, narrative of the battle and links to related historical information.
Medical History of President Andrew Jackson
- An overview of Jackson's various injuries, wounds and illnesses as documented by witnesses and doctors.
USA: A biography of Andrew Jackson 1767 - 1845
- USA-project, presidents-area, A Biography of Andrew Jackson by Hal Morris. Includes both inaugural addresses and all eight State of the Nation addresses.
Why The United States Bank Was Closed
- The closing of the US Bank was arguably the most controversial action ever undertaken by a US President up to that time. This site presents Jackson's essay explaining his reasons for doing so.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 8:54:02 UTC -