Society History By Region North America United States Presidents Bush, George Walker Post-Election Controversy
In the most contentious presidential election in over a century, Republicans George W. Bush and Richard Cheney won the electoral votes from the state of Florida by a margin of fewer than 1000 votes, resulting in a 271-267 Electoral College victory over the Democrats, Albert Gore, Jr. and Joseph Lieberman. This category is intended for sites specifically defending or criticizing the procedures and events which resulted in the eventual election of George W. Bush as the 43rd President. The close margin of this race magnified the public concern regarding an array of irregularities, among them:
- a poorly designed ballot that could have confused some voters
- uncertain rules and shifting standards regarding the hand-counting of ballots
- accusations of voter intimidation and disenfranchisement of minorities, overseas military, and elderly voters
- criticisms about the certification of results, including concern about deadlines, rulings of the Secretary of State (a Bush supporter), the fact that governor Jeb Bush was a brother of candidate George W. Bush and might seek to alter the outcome, and potential voter fraud
- criticism of the television networks' announcement of first Gore, then Bush, then neither as the winner using flawed exit polling data
- complaints about the decisions of the Florida Supreme Court, the U.S. Supreme Court, and other courts affecting all of the above.
Related categories 1
Bush v. Gore
D. J. Connolly's view that the theft of a presidential election by the Supreme Court was simply the latest episode in a 200-year-old judicial crime wave.
Bush's Golden Rule
Analyzes the Florida election and subsequent selection of Bush as president. Includes predictions, links, and jokes.
John Dee's analysis of the 2000 presidential election, comparing it to CIA election rigging and overthrows and a respected coup "manual" authored by a one-time advisor to President Reagan.
Coup de Tat [sic]
Argues that George W. Bush did not win the 2000 Presidential election. Writes critically of the Bush family, and includes links to news articles about election irregularities.
Essay on the dubious methods used to win the 2000 U.S. election.
Make Them Accountable: Media Cover-up of Gore Victory
Article by David Podvin.
The Palm Beach Ballots Speak
Analysis of doublepunching patterns in Palm Beach based on actual numbers and types of doublepunched ballots. Links to other articles about the Florida vote.
U.S. Regime Change Needed!
Article asserts Bush lost Florida and the 2000 election and was installed through judicial coup d'etat.
Last update:March 2, 2016 at 4:35:02 UTC