become an editor
the entire directory
only in Opposing_Views/News_and_Media
Bush, George Walker
News and Media
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Presidents: Bush, George Walker: Opposing Views: News and Media
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Elections: President: 2004: Candidates: Bush, George W.: Opposing Views
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Presidents: Bush, George Walker: News and Media
Society: Politics: News and Media: Progressive and Left
- Views the Bush years as filled with presidential deceit, debt, and death.
The Guardian - Bush Payola Scandal Deepens as Third Columnist Admits Being Paid
- The Bush administration was confronted with fresh evidence of a far-reaching clandestine campaign to influence public opinion after a third conservative commentator admitted receiving payments for championing its policies.
Guardian Unlimited: Christian Leader Faults Bush on Iraq Deaths
- The fundamentalist Christian Coalition's founder and Bush supporter Pat Robertson faults Bush for saying the Iraq invasion would create no casualties despite Robertson's warnings.
The Guardian: America the Horrible is now Turning into a Pariah
- Columnist Polly Toynbee censures President Bush for his abandonment of the Kyoto treaty on climate change.
The Guardian: 'War president' Bush has always been soft on terror
- Craig Unger states that despite his tough rhetoric, Bush has been blind to the forces behind terrorism, shielded its funders, diverted resources from battling it, and obstructed investigators.
The Observer: The Bush files
- Numerous special reports that are generally critical of President George W. Bush.
London Review of Books · Eliot Weinberger · ‘Damn right,’ I Said
- A fact check of Bush's book Decision Points, that finds Bush writing with a selective memory and egocentric focus. (January 06, 2011)
The New Yorker - Dead Certain
- Reviews Bush's book Decision Points and finds it simpleminded and self-serving. (November 29, 2010)
Huffington Post - The Two Most Essential, Abhorrent, Intolerable Lies Of George W. Bush's Memoir
- Centers on Bush unnecessary war on Iraq and torture of detainees as the most reprehensible actions of his administration, and whitewashed in his memoir. (November 22, 2010)
Truthdig - Bush’s Legacy of Failure
- Examines actions of Bush over his two terms and concludes his presidency will be viewed as a terrible failure. (March 18, 2008)
American Research Group - Concerns over Economy Push George W. Bush's Overall Job Approval to New Low
- Lists poll results on Bush popularity, and finds in February 2008 Bush had an approval rating of just 19%, one of the lowest in American history. (February 20, 2008)
Washington Post - Why I Believe Bush Must Go
- Former senator George McGovern says that while Nixon was bad, Bush and Cheney are worse, and explains why the only honorable course is impeachment. (January 04, 2008)
Washington Post - Rage of Reason
- Columnist Eugene Robinson writes on how George W. Bush has in polls attained the worst ratings ever, and the disaster he is leaving for his successor. (November 09, 2007)
Investigators find secret White House email accounts
- Article on the use of RNC e-mail accounts by White House officials. The Register (UK). (June 19, 2007)
Time - An Administration's Epic Collapse
- Joe Klein finds 3 Bush stories of 2007 (the Iraq "surge", the scandalous treatment of wounded vets, and the firing of 8 U.S. Attorneys for tawdry political reasons) precisely illuminate the 3 qualities making the Bush Administration one of the worst in U.S. history - arrogance, incompetence and cynicism. (April 05, 2007)
Washington Post - He's Only Fifth Worst
- A senior fellow at the New America Foundation says it is unfair to claim that George W. Bush is the worst U.S. president of all time - he's merely the fifth worst. (December 03, 2006)
Washington Post - He's The Worst Ever
- A Columbia University professor of history compares the Bush presidency with the lowest ranking previous U.S. presidents, as well as why, and concludes Bush is the absolute worst president in U.S. history. (December 03, 2006)
The Independent Institute - Not the Worst President Ever, But a Definite Contender
- Dr. Ivan Eland compares George W. Bush's performance to other post-Second World War presidents, and finds Bush is probably the most dangerous—and therefore the worst—president in the post-Second World War era. (July 16, 2006)
Salon - Right-Wingers Turn Against Bush
- After Bush's 2006 State of the Union speech, conservative groups worry that the president has become just another free-spending, big-government politician. (February 09, 2006)
Common Dreams - The Worst US President Ever?
- A University of Vermont professor explains why Bush is quite likely the worst president in the 200-year history of the United States. (July 08, 2005)
AlterNet - Loose 'Gannon'
- Questions if a pseudonymous "reporter" with fake credentials was repeatedly given a daily White House press pass because he was a Bush shill, and examines his relations to Texas conservatives as well as connections to gay pornography websites. (February 10, 2005)
The New Yorker - The Coming Wars
- Author Seymour Hersh writes that with Bush's second term, more wars, neo-con expansion, and Pentagon clandestine activities are on the way. (January 24, 2005)
Mother Jones: Conversation with a Conservative: John Dean
- The former counsel to President Nixon and purported conservative says the way the Bush administration has governed has been worse than Watergate. (October 18, 2004)
New York Times: Without a Doubt
- Ron Suskind sees in Bush's cabinet a disdain for contemplation or deliberation, an embrace of faith and decisiveness, a retreat from empiricism, and a sometimes bullying impatience. [Fee required for full text.] (October 17, 2004)
Boston Globe: Bush Fell Short on Duty at Guard
- The Globe says he fell well short of meeting his military obligations in the Air National Guard. (September 08, 2004)
History News Network: About the Ties Between Saddam and Osama
- Examines the purported view of Bush and Cheney that Saddam Hussein and Al Queda are connected, in spite of investigations and commission conclusions that they are not. (June 19, 2004)
Mother Jones: The Lie Factory
- The purported inside story of how the Bush administration pushed disinformation and bogus intelligence and led the US to war. (January 01, 2004)
Buzzflash - America's Top 10 Presidents vs. the Worst President in All of American History
- Two authors give their views of the best American presidents through their quotes, and then compare them with those of George W. Bush. (February 26, 2003)
Counterpunch - Bush and Dry Drunk Syndrome
- A professor of social work compares Bush's behavior and attitudes with that of the dry drunk, and finds several similarities. (October 11, 2002)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:58:49 AM EDT -