become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Parks,_Rosa
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: People: Parks, Rosa
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: Civil Rights Leaders: Parks, Rosa
Society: Ethnicity: African: African-American: History
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Civil Rights Movement
Academy of Achievement: Rosa Parks
- Biography and 1995 interview with audio and video.
BBC News: US civil rights icon Parks dies
- BBC tribute to Rosa Parks including archive footage, photos, and link to an obituary.
Grand Times: The Woman Who Changed a Nation
- Biographical article based on 1996 interview with Parks.
Rosa Parks and the Bus Boycott
- Tells the story of Parks' arrest on the 1st of December, 1955, for not standing and letting a white bus rider take her seat.
Scholastic: Rosa Parks: How I Fought for Civil Rights
- An online activity for grades 7 and 8 about Parks' arrest, the boycott, nonviolence, and the court ruling, with an interview.
Time 100: Heroes and Icons: Rosa Parks
- Article by Rita Dove honoring Ms. Parks as one of the twenty most influential heroes and icons of the 20th century.
Washington Post: Washington Prepares To Pay Rosa Parks Rare Tribute at Capitol
- Becomes one of only 30 Americans ever honored with the pomp and ritual of a Capitol Rotunda viewing. (October 29, 2005)
Cincinnati Enquirer: Rosa Parks Argues vs. Rap
- Article by Dan Horn about the arguments made before the U.S. Court of Appeals. (May 05, 2001)
MTV: Johnnie Cochran To Represent Rosa Parks In Outkast Appeal
- Parks hires Cochran to represent her. (August 09, 2000)
CNN: Rosa Parks Honored with Congressional Gold Medal
- Article and video coverage of the event with links. (June 15, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, June 16, 2013 4:09:53 PM EDT -