become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Barnum,_P._T.
Barnum, P. T.
Arts: Performing Arts: Circus
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century
- Is housed in Barnum's last great architectural project, at 820 Main Street in downtown Bridgeport CT. The Museum features special exhibits about Barnum, as well as a comprehensive look at his life in and out of the circus. One of the most interesting exhibits is a miniature recreation of Barnum's circus. The model circus contains over 3000 figures and is over 50 years old.
Barnum, Phineas Taylor [1810-1891]: Self-proclaimed "Prince of Humbugs"
- An extensive collection of links about Barnum by Rod Davis, a distant relative. Davis suggests a distant relationship with General Tom Thumb.
Encyclopedia Britannica Article on Barnum
- A brief biography of Barnum from theatrehistory.com. This article was originally published in Encyclopedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, Volume III. Anonymous. Cambridge: University Press, 1910. p. 417.
Meet P.T. Barnum-- The Shakespeare of Advertising
- This website explores the life of America's greatest showman, Phineas Taylor Barnum. Learn more about the larger-than-life impresario, and find out about a new show that brings Barnum to life, as portrayed by noted clown and actor Adam G. Gertsacov.
P. T. Barnum - People of Connecticut
- Vintage photo, vital statistics and biographical information.
Phineas T. Barnum
- Biographical sketch, portrait, tomb photographs from Mountain Grove Cemetery in Bridgeport, Connecticut from Find A Grave. Includes map and interactive visitor comments.
N.Y. Times Obituary of Barnum (April 7, 1891)
- Read the obituary of P.T. Barnum as printed in the New York Times, April 7, 1891 (registration may be required) (April 07, 1891)
Barnum, P. T.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 10:15:06 UTC -