become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Historical_Documents
Declaration of Independence
Reference: Archives: Regional: United States
Society: History: Education
Society: Military: Arts and Literature
American Experience - War Letters
- Feature about war letters from the American Revolution to Desert Storm. Film description, transcript of letters, timeline, gallery, and teacher's guide.
The Avalon Project
- Major documents collections from pre-18th century to present day. Includes Mexican-American diplomacy and US statutes concerning Native Americans and slavery.
Bartleby.com: American Historical Documents
- Text of 47 treaties, speeches, historical accounts, and governmental documents from Eric the Red's c. 1000 description of Vinland to the Panama Convention of 1904.
Charters of Freedom
- Information and images on several important historical American documents including the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights.
Chinese Exclusion Act, 1882
- Text of the Chinese Exclusion Act which barred Chinese laborers from entering the United States and denied them naturalization.
Constitution of the Confederate States of America
- Hypertext from the Revolution to Reconstruction project, University of Groningen.
Declaration and Resolves Of The First Continental Congress
- Hypertext from the Journals of Congress (ed. 1800) at the Avalon Project.
The Emancipation Proclamation
- Complete text.
From Revolution to Reconstruction: Documents
- Extensive collection of hypertext transcripts of historical documents, speeches, letters, and other source material pertaining to U.S. history.
Gilder Lehrman Collection
- One of the largest collections of American historical documents in private hands. The collection's holdings are strongest from 1760 through 1876.
- Sells fully indexed, digitized version of Harper's Weekly, the preeminent news and literary journal of the last half of the 19th century.
Historical Text Archive
- Documents categorized by the following: Native American, Colonial, Revolutionary, Early Republic, 19th Century and 20th Century.
Interpreting the Declaration of Independence by Translation
- The Declaration of Independence, as it has been translated into different languages, and at different times. Compliments March 1999 Journal of American History roundtable discussion of the same title.
Journey Back In Time
- Michael Kocha's collection of thousands of historical newspaper articles, documents, and writings of America's past spanning more than 400 years. Available online by subscription.
- Milestone documents of American history, presented by the National Archives and Records Administration.
Slaves and the Courts 1740-1860
- Collection of legal documents, pamphlets, and books concerning slavery, slaves, and abolition.
The United States Democratic Review
- Political journal archive, published from 1837-1859. Part of the Making of America e-text collection at Cornell University.
US Historical Documents
- A Chronology of US Historical Documents from pre-Colonial to present day.
Warletters.com - The Legacy Project
- The project's mission is to honor America's veterans and active duty personnel by preserving their wartime letters and other written communications.
Words and Deeds in American History
- Library of Congress- "Representative documents spanning from the fifteenth century to the mid-twentieth century."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 3, 2012 at 6:24:04 UTC -