become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Colonial
Salem Witch Trials
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: Colonial Civilian
Society: History: By Time Period: Eighteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: French and Indian War
Colonial America Resources
- Electronic copies of Poor Richard's Almanac, and other materials from 1700's.
Colonial Hall: Biographies of America's Founding Fathers
- Learn early American history through excerpts from the 1829 book.
Colonial USA Archives
- Historical text archives and resources links to the Colonial period.
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation History
- Includes history and the education resources available to students and Colonial history enthusiasts.
Cultural Readings: Colonization and Print in the Americas
- An exhibition of books, manuscripts, illustrations, and maps from the Penn Library.
- History of hand tools and technology in USA, colonial history of the Davistown Plantation (Liberty and Montville, Maine) and coastal Maine Native Americans (Wawenoc Indians). Includes extensive bibliography.
Early Colonial Era
- A timeline of significant events to 1700 at The History Place.
The First American Theatre
- A history of the earliest theatrical performances in America.
Fourth of July Celebrations Database
- From American University, selected examples of Independence Day celebrations throughout US history.
John Smith: Starving Time in Virginia
- A description by John Smith of the dire circumstances of the first years of the Virginia colony's settlement, 1607-1614.
The Liberty Tree
- A broad-based site celebrating the American spirit, especially during the Revolution. There are also personal writings, and movie reviews.
Maps of Colonial America
- Hargrett Library Rare Maps listings of colonial America.
The Mayflower Page
- Extensive historical data, including passenger list, crew, documents, crime and punishments on board, and pilgrim writings.
New Netherland Project
- Its primary objective is to complete the transcription, translation, and publication of all Dutch documents in New York repositories relating to the seventeenth-century colony of New Netherland.
The People of Colonial Albany Live Here
- Interactive web exhibit of the Colonial Albany Social History Project, a model community history program sponsored by the New York State Museum.
Spanish Colonial Military Artifacts
- Exhibition and interpretation of ca. 1650-1821 Spanish colonial military artifacts from the former Spanish Floridas and Louisiana. Emphasis is on such uniform-related materials as buttons, buckles, and insignia.
Squantum (Squanto) and Cupids
- The life story of Squantum (Squanto), a native american who helped the Pilgrim Fathers.
Thomas Hariot's A Briefe and True Report of the New Found Land of Virginia
- Archive edition at the University of Virginia.
Trade in Colonial America
- Understanding the colonial economy, presented by ECONnections.
What Did the Colonists Eat?
- A discussion of early foodstuffs at Jamestown by the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2015 at 5:24:06 UTC -