become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Macedonia
Alexander the Great
Regional: Europe: Greece: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Europe: Macedonia: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Region: Europe: Balkans
Society: History: By Region: Middle East: Ottoman Empire
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Byzantine Empire
This category in other languages:
- Ancient and modern history, from a Republic of Macedonia perspective.
British Foreign Office and Macedonian Identity
- The Macedonian question - history of the land under foreign administrations.
Discoveries About the Literacy, Language and Culture of the Ancient Macedonians
- By Vasil Ilyov; uses evidence from prehistory and antiquity to support his conclusion that modern Macedonians descend from an authentic original population on the Balkan peninsula.
Greek Evidence on the Authenticity of Macedonians
- Presents arguments from various periods on the differences between Macedonians and Greeks and discusses Greek policy of denying the existence of Macedonians in Greece.
Greeks and Macedonians
- By E. Badian. Argues in favour of the distinction between the Macedonians and the Hellenes by examining the political circumstances in Macedonia and Greece in the ancient period.
- Provides a description of Macedonian history from a Greek viewpoint.
History of Macedonia
- Extensive information about Macedonian history.
History of Macedonia
- Provides a history of Macedonia from ancient times to the present.
- Offers history, documents and news from the Macedonian Scientific Institute (Sofia, Bulgaria).
- Book by former Greek minister Nikolaos Martis, presents the Greek position regarding the Macedonian question.
Macedonia on Old Maps
- Collection of published maps, dating from 1477 to the early 1900s, that depict the region.
Macedonia: 4000 Years of Greek Civilization
- A Greek perspective on the ancient history of Macedonia, including Thessaloniki. Includes timetables, lists, and quotations from classical sources.
- Reviews the region's history, language and culture. Presents cultural and linguistic arguments on the links between the ancient Macedonian Empire and the modern Republic of Macedonia.
- On-line journal of Macedonian history and culture, covering prehistory, antiquity, the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman periods, through the present, with many links. Some materials in Greek, Bulgarian, or Macedonian languages.
Philip of Macedon
- Brief biography, description of his military campaigns. Includes illustrations, coinage and photographs.
WWW-VL History, Macedonia
- Macedonian history links on the World Wide Web Virtual Library History Catalogue
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 6, 2014 at 15:35:09 UTC -