become an editor
the entire directory
only in Caribbean/Anguilla
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: Caribbean: Anguilla
Regional: Caribbean: Anguilla
Anguilla in the World Factbook
- A profile of this country by the United States Central Intelligence Agency.
Anguilla's Precolumbian History
- A survey of Anguilla's prehistory.
History of Anguilla
- Before the Europeans came to this island, the Arawak Indians had called it Malliouhana (arrowshaped).They had dwelled on Anguilla since AD 600.
Under an English Heaven
- An excerpt from a book about the 1967 rebellion in favor of colonial status, and the subsequent invasion two years later by the misunderstanding British to quell the disorder.
- Built in 1787, it is the oldest and only surviving plantation house on Anguilla: one of the few plantation houses in the Caribbean where the entire complex of buildings have survived virtually intact.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2007 at 2:56:46 UTC -