become an editor
the entire directory
only in South_Asia/European_Domination
Open Directory - Society: History: By Region: Asia: South Asia: European Domination
Bengal Famine 1943-1945
Rebellion of 1857
Jinnah, Mohammed Ali
Lakshmibai, Rani of Jhansi
Bentinck: On Ritual Murder in India
- An exposition of the arguments put in favour of banning of the practice of sati in East India Company controlled lands during the 19th century.
Discovering India, Imagining Thuggee
- An examination of the development of the British understanding of the Thugs, and of relevant British documentation.
Dutch and Portuguese Colonial History
- Part of web site dealing with the empires of these two European powers.
James Connolly: The Coming Revolt in India
- An article from 1908 comparing poverty and wealth within India, and the possible consequences for the British.
Medical History of British India: Disease Prevention and Control
- The National Library of Scotland presents nearly 50 Disease and Public Health reports from its India Papers collection.
Subhas Chandra Bose, The Indian National Army, and The War of India's Liberation
- Account by Ranjan Borra on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, the INA, and its role in the independence movement. At the Vrij Historisch Onderzoek website.
The Unseen World, and other essays - The Famine of 1770 in Bengal
- Chapter of a book by John Fiske, in 1869. Provides his explanations for the catastrophic famine of the early period of British rule in the previous century.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:43:33 AM EDT -