become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_Nations/Non-Governmental_Organizations
Open Directory - Society: Government: Multilateral: United Nations: Non-Governmental Organizations
United Nations Associations
Science: Environment: Organizations: Governmental: Multilateral
Society: Government: Government-Related Organizations
This category in other languages:
Department of Economic and Social Affairs: Non-Governmental Organizations
- Compiles documentation about NGO's consulting the Economic and Social Council. Offers a list of participating organizations, application forms for new NGO's, and frequently asked questions for the general public.
Academic Council on the United Nations System
- International association of scholars, teachers, and practitioners active in the work and study of the United Nations and related organizations.
Global Public Policy Institute
- Part of the "Visioning the UN" initiative, this research project examines the challenges of globalization and the potential contribution of GPPNs in addressing them.
One World Trust
- This site contains research and educational material about reform and democratisation of the United Nations and other multilateral organisations.
The Regency Foundation
- A not-for-profit organization working with United Nations agencies on issues of agriculture, environment, telecommunications, and development.
Third World Network's Home Page
- An NGO involved in research relating to development, the Third World and North-South issues. Also news on global issues.
- Monitors the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of the UN Charter.
United Nations Foundation
- Created to administer Ted Turner's $1 billion pledge in support of the United Nations. Includes information on the Foundation and its activities, grants given, the grant process, UN news, and background on the global issues the UN confronts daily.
Women's Environment and Development Organization
- An international advocacy network that strives for a healthy planet with social, political, economic and environmental justice for all through the empowerment of women. Features information on environmental links to breast cancer, women's health, gender justice, UN conference followup, particularly monitoring of the Beijing Platform for Action and the Cairo Programme of Action. WEDO also publishes global reports on government and NGO action in response to these plan of actions. Co-founded by Bella Abzug in 1991.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:05:06 AM EDT -