become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_Nations/Agencies
Open Directory - Society: Government: Multilateral: United Nations: Agencies
Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Seeks to maximize the trade, investment and development opportunities of developing countries while helping them face the challenges of globalization on an equitable basis.
Global Environment Facility
- Interagency project coordinating technical assistance and funding for programs on biodiversity, climate change, water, and the ozone.
International Computing Centre (UNICC)
- A cooperative providing computing and communication services to UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR)
- Prosecuting persons responsible for genocide and other violations of international humanitarian law committed in Rwanda. Established by the Security Council.
International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY)
- Criminal court prosecuting violations of humanitarian law in the former Yugoslavia. Established by the Security Council.
International Environmental Technology Centre
- Information and resources for IETC, promoting the application of Environmentally Sound Technologies (ESTs) to address urban environmental problems and the management of freshwater to developing countries.
International Trade Centre (ITC)
- Joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations, acting as the development partner for small business export success, helping developing and transition countries achieve sustainable human development through exports.
Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- Inter-agency project providing information and support services in the fight against acquired immuno-deficiency syndrome.
Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention
- Coordinates the UN's fight against the illicit use of drugs. Contents include events, technical documents, political declarations, statistics, and analysis.
Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Online source for refugee-related information, including country profiles, news, maps, publications, teachers' modules, 'Witness' multimedia documentaries and the RefWorld research databases.
Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights (UNHCHR)
- Oversees major programs in protecting human rights and implementing international rights agreements.
UNDP JPO Programme
- Junior Professional Officer Programme provides young professionals pursuing a career in development with hands-on experience in multi-lateral technical co-operation.
UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre
- An international knowledge base about the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, in both developing and industrialized countries.
United Nations - Statistics Division
- The Statistics Division is responsible for the collection and dissemination of economic and social statistics and the provision of assistance to Member States in improving their statistical capabilities and in adopting international statistics guidelines and standards.
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Works for the survival, development and protection of children, guided in its programmes by the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Commission that formulates and regulates international trade in cooperation with the World Trade Organisation.
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Promotes environmental understanding, and increases public knowledge about environmental factors and problems of future generations.
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Reports, research, and information from UNFCCC.
United Nations Fund for International Partnerships (UNFIP)
- Promotes partnerships between the UN and the private sector. Requires Flash.
United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT
- Promotes socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
United Nations Millennium Project
- Implementing the United Nations Millennium Development Goals: reducing poverty, hunger, disease, illiteracy, environmental degradation, and discrimination against women.
United Nations Office of Project Services (UNOPS)
- Provides technical and administrative support to other UN programs on a per-project basis.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- Information about programme and activities. Also status of the world population.
United Nations World Food Programme
- News and information about operations, policies, publications, appeals and how to help. Includes special reports, questions and answers and video.
UNODC - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Information on drug control and crime prevention. Specific topics include drug abuse and demand reduction; drug supply reduction; crime prevention and criminal justice; treaty and legal affairs, analysis and statistics; news and publications; and links to 22 UNODC field offices.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 12, 2013 at 11:54:04 UTC -