become an editor
the entire directory
only in Finance/Central_Banks
Open Directory - Society: Government: Finance: Central Banks
US Federal Reserve
Business: Financial Services: Banking Services: Banks and Institutions
Business: Investing: Clearing Houses and Securities Depositories
Business: Investing: Payment Associations
Recreation: Collecting: Coins: Mints
Recreation: Collecting: Paper Money
Society: Government: Finance: Debt Agencies
Society: Government: Finance: Deposit Guarantors
Society: Government: Finance: Ministries
Society: Government: Finance: Regulators
Society: Organizations: Local Currency Systems
This category in other languages:
Afghanistan - Da Afghanistan Bank
- With legal and other information about Afghanistan's central bank.
Albania - Bank of Albania
- Minutes of the meetings of the Supervisory Council.
Andorra - Institut Nacional Andorrà de Finances
- With information on the Andorran financial system in English, Spanish, French and Catalan.
Argentina - Central Bank of the Argentine Republic
- Mission statement, and list of financial institutions.
Armenia - Central Bank of Armenia
- About Armenia and the Central Bank, list of financial institutions, and money-supply statistics.
Aruba - Central Bank of Aruba
- History, legislation and decrees, and economic statistics.
Australia - Reserve Bank of Australia
- Monetary policy statements, economic statistics, description of the payment system, information on banknotes, and other publications and research.
Azerbaijan - Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- History of policy rates and T-bill issuance, spot FX rates, the bank's internal structure, and addresses of regional offices.
Bahamas - Central Bank of The Bahamas
- Brief summary of monetary policy, foreign exchange regime and regulatory environment.
Bahrain Monetary Agency
- List of financial institutions, rules and regulations, money and banking statistics, annual report and quarterly bulletin.
- Also known as the "Central Bank of Bangladesh". About the financial system, the convertibility of Taka, and economic and statistical data about the economy.
Barbados - Central Bank of Barbados
- About the bank, Barbados links, and monetary policy.
Belarus - National Bank of the Republic of Belarus
- Background, monetary policy guidelines, and list of banks (both open and closed).
Belize - Central Bank of Belize
- About the bank's mission and organizational structure, and some economic information.
Bermuda Monetary Authority
- List of institutions, links, collectors notes and coins; about Bermuda, and how to form a Bermudan entity.
Bhutan - Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
- Describes the RMA's legal status, roles, and has the text of relevant laws.
Bosnia - Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Legislative structure, history, directories of banks and other associations, notes and coins, and statistical reports.
Botswana - Bank of Botswana
- Legislation, speeches, a list of financial institutions, and information on Pula-denominated government bonds.
Brazil - Central Bank of Brasil
- Inflation reports, regulations, economic and statistical information, payment system, and history.
Bulgarian National Bank
- List of banks, money-supply statistics, and legal framework.
Canada - Bank of Canada
- Press notices, economic information, explanation of inflation target and market operations, careers and economic research.
Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
- Investment services, requirements for creating a bank or insurance company, history of the currency (including the monetary divorce from Jamaica), and economic statistics.
Chile - Central Bank of Chile
- Origin and history and policy objectives.
China - People's Bank of China
- Speeches, statistics, rules and regulations for and supervision of financial institutions.
China - State Administration of Foreign Exchange
- Press notices from mainland China's FX management agent.
Colombia - Bank of the Republic
- History, economic statistics, inflation and exchange rate reports, banking operations and regulations, and gold museum.
Croatian National Bank
- List of banks, policy tools, regulations and legislation, economic and financial statistics, and information on coins and banknotes.
Cuba - Banco Central de Cuba
- Comments on monetary policy, on bank supervision, and on the BCC's moves towards a gross real-time settlement system.
Czech National Bank
- Legal function, monetary policy, banking supervision, payment systems, and economic and financial statistics.
Denmark - Nationalbank
- Explanation of monetary policy, the discount rate and CIBOR, notes and coins, bank, mortgage and capital-market statistics, and information on government debt.
East Timor - Banking and Payments Authority of Timor-Leste
- Includes the balance sheet of the Autoridade Bancária e de Pagamentos de Timor-Leste.
Egypt - Central Bank of Egypt
- Current FX rates, history of Egyptian money, and the latest annual report and quarterly economic review.
El Salvador - Central Reserve Bank of El Salvador
- Structure of the financial system, monthly statistical bulletin, and mission statement.
Estonia - Bank of Estonia
- Daily FX fixings, monetary policy framework, Estonian banking system, Estonian banknotes and coins, and papers on the EU accession process.
Ethiopia - National Bank of Ethiopia
- History of financial Institutions in Ethiopia; about the Ethiopian Institute of Banking and Insurance (EIBI); and results of weekly auctions of foreign exchange.
Fiji - Reserve Bank of Fiji
- Working papers, regulatory framework, currency collectables, and a webcam giving the best view from any central bank.
French Polenesian Territories - Institut d'Emission d'Outre-mer
- Paris-based public institution empowered to issue a uniform currency in the French territories of the Pacific.
Gambia - Central Bank of The Gambia
- With information on foreign exchange, government securities, and the structure of the financial system.
Georgia - National Bank of Georgia
- Monetary policy and FX regime, acution details, the payment system, and restrictions on the export of currency.
Ghana - Bank of Ghana
- History of the bank and contact information.
Guatemala - Bank of Guatemala
- Economic information and statistics and contact information.
Guyana - Bank of Guyana
- Banking, financial-sector and economic statistics, legal tender, legal and regulatory framework, press releases and contact information.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Workings of its currency board, banking policy and supervision, debt market developments, HIBOR fixings and press releases.
Hungary - National Bank of Hungary
- Financial information including the history of the composition of the currency basket and its relationship to the forint, economic statistics, and legislative information.
Iceland - Central Bank of Iceland
- Official reserves, report on inflation target, annual reports, the 2001 Act of the Central Bank of Iceland, and historical data for REIBID and REIBOR.
India - Reserve Bank of India
- Information about monetary policy and operations, issues of government securities, financial and economic statistics, and the RBI museum.
Indonesia - Bank Indonesia
- Press releases, regulations including exchange controls, and monetary, economic and banking indicators.
Iran - Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- With information about the currency, the bank, and governing legislation.
Iraq - Central Bank of Iraq
- Laws, the principles of the operation of monetary policy, and a list of banks.
Ireland - Central Bank of Ireland
- Responsible for the supervision of most financial institutions in Ireland including banks, building societies and a broad range of non-bank firms, exchanges and collective investment schemes.
Israel - Bank of Israel
- Semi-annual inflation reports, government bond auctions, and announcements relating to banking supervision.
Jamaica - Bank of Jamaica
- Statistical digest, quarterly monetary policy report, and balance sheet.
Japan - Bank of Japan
- Monetary policy meetings and minutes, speeches, research papers, statistical releases, quarterly bulletin, and sources of changes in account balances at the BoJ.
Jordan - Central Bank of Jordan
- Law and organization structure.
Kazakhstan - National Bank of Kazakhstan
- Brief explanation of monetary policy, banknotes and coins, and daily FX quotations.
Kenya - Central Bank of Kenya
- Includes a weekly bulletin describing financial conditions.
Kosovo - Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo
- Endeavouring to maintain a stable financial system and an efficient payment system. Content in English, Albanian and Serbian.
Kuwait - Central Bank of Kuwait
- Purpose, exchange-rate policy, and monetary statistics.
Kyrgyzstan - National Bank of Kyrgyz Republic
- Legal staus, foreign exchange laws and monetary policy.
Laos - Bank of the Lao P.D.R.
- Includes current FX prices and information on the currency and legislation.
Latvia - Bank of Latvia
- About the bank, its monetary policy, payment systems, laws, a history of Latvian money and balance sheets of credit institutions.
Lebanon - Central Bank of Lebanon
- Economic and financial data, exchange and payments systems, the history of the Lebanese pound, and information on the banking and financial sectors.
Lesotho - Central Bank of Lesotho
- Rural finance and credit scheme, central bank acts and exchange control orders.
Liberia - Central Bank of Liberia
- Includes information on the check-clearing system.
Libya - Central Bank of Libya
- The monetary authority in the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya. Includes some recent laws, a brief history, and more content in Arabic.
Lithuania - Bank of Lithuania
- Publications, balance sheets of credit institutions, banknotes, and an explanation of the change in the currency peg from USD to EUR at the start of February 2002.
Macau - Monetary Authority of Macau
- History, goals, structure, regulatory orders for banking and insurance, economic statistics and a list of commemorative coins.
Macedonia - National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
- Monetary policy mechanism, payment system, and exchange-control rules.
Malawi - Reserve Bank of Malawi
- The publications including the minutes of the MPC meetings.
Malaysia - Bank Negara Malaysia
- Exchange controls, national data summary, press notices and a summary of Malaysian financial system.
Maldives Monetary Authority
- Includes copies of the Quarterly Economic Bulletin.
Mauritius - Bank of Mauritius
- List of commercial banks and application forms for T-Bill purchases.
Mexico - Bank of Mexico
- Monetary and exchange-rate policies, numismatic information and quarterly inflation reports.
Moldova - National Bank of Moldova
- Summary of the workings of the domestic debt market.
Mongolia - Bank of Mongolia
- Monthly bulletins, banking law, monetary statistics, history and banknotes.
Montenegro - Central Bank of Montenegro
- Currency board, in charge of a euroised monetary policy. Site details governance, organization and management, and banking and payment system.
Morocco - Bank Al-Maghrib
- Annual report and monetary statistics.
Mozambique - Bank of Mozambique
- History, financial and credit statistics, and MAIBOR rates.
Namibia - Bank of Namibia
- Balance sheet, payment system, exchange control rules, and announcements of auctions of government debt.
Nepal Rastra Bank
- Quarterly economic bulletin, basic economic indicators, information about the rural self-reliance fund and a history of Nepalese capital markets.
New Zealand - Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Monetary policy, statistics, the banking system and New Zealand's unusual method of supervision, payment systems, RBNZ research papers and about the new series of polymer banknotes.
Nicaragua - Banco Central de Nicaragua
- With annual reports and bulletins of the Central Bank of Nicaragua, statistics, and economic indicators. Current information in Spanish, most documents available in English.
Nigeria - Central Bank of Nigeria
- Includes a history of Nigerian monetary policy and of Nigeria's foreign exchange market, press releases, and statistics on government finances and on the economy.
Northern Cyprus - Central Bank of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Includes some of the main banking regulations and a list of banks.
Norway - Norges Bank
- Press releases on monetary policy and related matters, and a detailed section on the Government Petroleum Fund, managed by a separate unit within Norges Bank called Norges Bank Investment Management.
Oman - Central Bank of Oman
- About the bank and contact information, monthly and quarterly bulletins, and information about commemorative coins.
Pakistan - State Bank of Pakistan
- IMF agreements, operation of monetary policy, Act and Charter.
Palestinian Monetary Authority
- Ensures the soundness of banking operations, maintains monetary stability, and encourages economic growth in Palestine.
Papua New Guinea - Bank of Papua New Guinea
- Explanation of the objectives and implementation of monetary policy, the rules of exchange controls, and the operation of the government securities market.
Peru - Central Reserve Bank of Peru
- Monetary operations, periodic and special reports, and facts about the BCRP.
Philippines - Central Bank of the Philippines
- Objectives, functions, calendar of economic releases, and a list of answers to FAQs about the peso's depreciation.
Poland - National Bank of Poland
- Structure, governing legislation, economic statistics, and a list of banks in Poland.
Qatar Central Bank
- Structure, law and descriptions of banks.
Romania - National Bank of Romania
- Museum, economic and financial statistics, press releases, banking licences and regulations.
Russia - Bank of Russia
- History, balance sheet, press notices, and data release calendar.
Rwanda - National Bank of Rwanda
- Information on bank supervision and monetary policy in English and French.
Samoa - Central Bank of Samoa
- Mission, annual reports and monetary surveys, and speeches.
San Marino - Central Bank of San Marino
- Information about the bank, and the payment and banking system in San Marino. [Italian, English]
Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
- Currency museum, stock quotations and press releases.
Serbia - National Bank of Serbia
- Formerly the National Bank of Yugoslavia, site has history and organization, regulations, monetary policy, the banking system, and how to form a bank.
Seychelles - Central Bank of Seychelles
- History, exchange rate system and peg weights, economic statistics, quarterly review and annual report.
Sierra Leone - Bank of Sierra Leone
- Includes banking guidelines for diamond exporters.
Singapore - Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Directory of financial institutions, statutes and regulations, the "data room" of monetary information, and a licensing guide.
Slovakia - National Bank of Slovakia
- Annual Report, monetary and macroeconomic information, banking information, legislation and the Museum of Coins and Medals.
Solomon Islands - Central Bank of Solomon Islands
- Annual and quarterly reports, monthly economic bulletins, Currency collectibles, and tenders of Solomon Islands Government Treasury Bills.
South African Reserve Bank
- Bank supervision acts and regulations, money-market operations, statement of policy on forward FX trading, press releases, monetary-policy statements, and about the South African Reserve Bank College.
South Korea - Bank of Korea
- Economic releases, FX system, chemical composition of coins, and a brief history of the Korean financial system.
Sudan - Bank of Sudan
- Economic indicators, spot FX, annual reports and contact details.
Suriname - Centrale Bank van Suriname
- With pictures of items in the collection of The Numismatic Museum of the Centrale Bank van Suriname.
Swaziland - Central Bank of Swaziland
- With an explanation of the central bank's mission, monetary surveys back to 1980, and bill tenders.
Sweden - Riksbanken
- Economic and financial data for Sweden, FX reserves, and information on government debt.
Swiss National Bank
- General remarks on price stability and relevance of LIBOR to monetary policy, rules on monetary-policy repo tenders, schedule of forthcoming speeches, data and statistics.
Taiwan - Central Bank of China
- FX statistics, financial institutions, government bond and treasury bill auctions (excel format), monetary policy announcements, and information about new banknotes and coins.
Tajikistan - National Bank of Tajikistan
- Banking and payments news in English, Russian and Tajik.
Tanzania - Bank of Tanzania
- Debt buyback information, list of registered banks and supervision regulations, payment system, bond bill auction details and application forms, and the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute.
Thailand - Central Bank of Thailand
- Decisions of the Monetary Policy Committee, guide to financial investment in Thailand, debt issuance announcements, payment systems, banknotes, and details of assistance to priority economic sectors.
Tonga - National Reserve Bank of Tonga
- With information on the law, bank supervision, government bonds, currency and numismatics.
Trans-Dniester Republican Bank
- History and press releases.
Trinidad and Tobago - Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago
- Economic commentary and outlook, monetary statistics, and daily inter-bank interest rates.
Tunisia - Central Bank of Tunisia
- Currency museum, history of credit ratings, and steps towards full convertibility of the currency.
Turkey - Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- History, structure, governing law, and financial and statistical data delivery system.
Uganda - Bank of Uganda
- Staff papers, annual reports, occasional reports on the state of the economy, and information about the BoU's various credit programmes.
Ukraine - National Bank of Ukraine
- Law, financial statements, spheres of activity, and pictures of the banknotes.
United Arab Emirates - Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates
- Organisation, and brief comments on the state of the economy and the tools it uses.
United Kingdom - Bank of England
- The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street. Site has publications including the semi-annual Practical Issues Arising From the Euro, minutes of monthly monetary-policy meetings, weekly Bank Return, and other press releases.
Vanuatu - Reserve Bank of Vanuatu
- Includes a brief history, pictures of commemorative coins and information about the regulation of financial services.
Venezuela - Banco Central de Venezuela
- Has some press releases and financial statements in English, and more content in Spanish.
Yemen - Central Bank of Yemen
- Function and structure, branches, pictures of currency, balance sheet and FX rates.
Zambia - Bank of Zambia
- Economic and financial data, BoZ publications and press releases.
Zimbabwe - Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- FX in and outflows, supervision and surveillance annual reports, and monthly audited accounts.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:37:26 PM EST -