become an editor
the entire directory
only in Surnames/S
Home: Family: Family Websites: S
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Genealogy: Surnames: S
Society: People: Personal Homepages: S
This category in other languages:
- Ancestral lineage compiled by Gavan Joseph Salter of AUS. Includes historical notes, family tree and researches the related surnames Code and Portwine.
Saltmarsh: North America
- Family history including database, photographs and migration details.
- Descendants of Juan Matias Sanchez from Taos in New Mexico and Montebello in California, USA.
- Descendants of Giles Sanderson of Astley, Leigh, Lancashire, England.
- German heritage featuring the lineages of Sanne, Kruger, von Zielke and Neumann. Also explores the English lineages of Fright, Emptage, Bristow and Hope.
- Ancestors of Stephen J. Sartor featuring the lineages of Johann Baptist Sartor, Peter Hauck/Houk, Patrick Mullahy/Malahy and Jakob Mussig/Missig.
Saumarez and Sausmarez Reunion
- The Saumarez family will be holding a reunion at Sausmarez Manor in guernsey this September.
Savenije and Boekholt
- Family history including surname origin, pedigrees, maps and local documentation. Also available in Dutch and French.
Saxbury Family History
- Includes history, photos, obituaries, census records and military information. Information on surname Moore available.
- Allan Scahill's County Mayo, Lancashire and Cheshire roots. Includes surname origins, biography of Fahburren, coat of arms plus Scahill and Johnson family pedigrees.
- Scarbrough and Stackhouse line from Bucks County, PA in 1682. They came with William Penn.
Scatchard Family Tree in North America
- All Scatchards in North America (USA and Canada) descended from one of 15 immigrants. Flow charts of all trees, short bios, obits, birth-death records, alphabetic index.
Schackleford of North Carolina
- Descendants of Francis Shackelford of Caswell County.
- Collection of photographs and general history pertaining to the family line and associated lineages. Compiled by Byron Schafbuch.
- Ancestors of Jared Scheel featuring Scheel, Steffens and related families.
Scherr and Scherer Family
- Descendants of John Jacob Scherr and Peter Scherer. Includes photographs and links.
- Descendants of Hans Schienle of Waldenbuch, Neckar, Wurttemberg. Traces the Schoenly/Schanely lineage from DEU to the USA.
- Detailed pedigrees, histories, documents and photographs of the Schleis, Seigfried, Schnitzler and Willig families. Compiled by Paula Schleis.
- Ancestral database compiled by Wilma Campos. Includes spelling variation of Schloetzer.
- Family history featuring the lineage from Washington County, Arkansas USA. Research compiled with the assistance of Richard Henry Schmitt from Oak Park, Illinois, latter years Brantley County area of Georgia.
- History and global application of the name. Includes background information on the Scholes villages in England.
Schram: We Really Dig
- Family history and general interests of Elinor Schram. Surnames include Antes, Barnhart, Cripe, Deeter, Eller, Goodin, Gripe, Holt, Kinports, Kuns, Miller, Rench, Rentch, Schnebly and Smith.
- Researching the family lines from Mexico and Germany. Compiled by Guenther W Schreiber.
- Schryver and Schriver families of Fredericksburgh and Hastings County, Ontario.
Schultheiss Family Directory
- Worldwide contact details for those researching the name. Includes applicable web addresses and maiden names.
- Descendants of Johannes Schultheis.
Schupp: Dutch's Place
- Family history of George E (Dutch) Schupp including the surnames Schuler, Krieg, Rapp and Keller.
- Ancestral database as compiled by Andrew M Swicegood from Glen Burnie, MD USA.
- Genealogical memoir of the family of Scrase in England.
Scribner Family Association
- Non-profit society dedicated to discovering and preserving the family history of the descendants of John Scriven of Dover, New Hampshire.
Scutt Family Trees
- Documenting all lineages across South East England. Compiled by James F Scutt.
- Researching the Seachord, Simoneau, Morgan and Winslow families.
- Features the lineages of St Helena as compiled by Colleen Eldredge from Narcoossee, Florida, USA.
Seamarks Family History
- Researching both Seamarks and Seamark including surnames Pallant of Suffolk and London; Davis of Wednesbury; Sheldrake of St Albans; and Williman, Willamon of Norfolk.
- Web ring to assist researchers in making contact and exchanging information about the name and its application.
Seckerson One Name Study
- Study of Seckerson and its variants with the aim of assisting genealogists and defining the original source of the name.
- Family trees of Caren (Courneya) and Dave Secord. Includes information collected from New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario.
- German ancestry including the lineages of Dörflinger, Paschke, Priebe, Kaiser and Stoll.
Sedgwick Family - Great Britain
- Researching the surname Sedgwick and variants in the British Isles.
- Ancestral history and general interests of Neal Seiser and family, including variant Seyser. Features lineages from the USA and Germany.
Self Family Newsletter
- Documenting the history and heritage of the name and its application. Includes Selfe, Selph and other variants.
- Family history including the surnames Mansfield, Reed, Cleary and Simms.
- Family history and general interests. Focus is on the Polish and Ukrainian roots and immigrant experiences in Pennsylvania, USA.
Sengers-Stamboom Family Tree
- Researching the Sengers from Sydney, NSW AUS. Includes interactive database and associated links.
- Lesah Sesma's family tree featuring the Sesma and Gonzales families of Arizona, USA.
- Family history of Bert Arnold Shankle including surnames Arnold, Boone, Cowling, Delaney, Edwards, Ferguson, Gray, Hoffman, Kerscher, Laggiere, McCain, Norville, Partridge, Reddinger, Schatzman, Tauscher Vaughn and Waybright.
Sharpe in Virginia, US
- Newsletter published twice monthly containing sourced research material for researchers of the Sharp/Sharpe and connected families, with emphasis on Virginia, US.
Shatford Family, UK
- Genealogical data on the Shatford family in Northamptonshire, England, UK: pedigree of David Shatford, born 1947, with 30 of his antecedents back to 1735; monumental inscriptions from Weekley Parish Church, Northamptonshire.
- Shaules genealogy, links, and email addresses.
- Resource for the descendants of John Henry Shawkey. Explains the origins of the name and posts an extensive family tree.
- Dedicated to the name and its application. Also provides email accounts for family members.
Sheekey & Peacock Family
- Genealogy of James Sheekey and Kay Peacock families, including the surnames: Sheekey, Lynch, Harrington, Ronayne, Sullivan, Austin, Stone, Peacock and Robinson.
Shelley and Lock
- Features the ancestral heritage of Vic Shelley from Perth, WA AUS; includes quilting and life in general.
- Single name study maintained by Rob Shelvey from Kent ENG. Includes various pedigrees, parish records, general history and associated theories.
Sherbondy Family Association
- Sherbondy descendants. Includes original spelling of Cherpantier (the first Sherbondy was John / Jean / Johann Cherpantier) and current variations of Sharbondy, Sherbundy and Sharbonda.
Sherwood Family History
- Study group tracing their Sherwood ancestry world-wide. Includes variants such as Sharwood, Shearwood, Sheeerwood, and Shurwood.
- David Shields - includes Alverson, Atkins, Bean, Bench, Brattain, Cain, Clark, Cowen, Grant, Henderson, Hosic, Johnson, Lennon, Payne, Saunders, Shields, Shoff, Smith, Thompson, Vowels, and Wright.
- Family genealogy and research for Chaim (Hyman) Shiloff and Dvoshe Rosen and their descendants. Family lines include Zoorwill/Zhuravel, Glick/Gleich, Heshelow/Heselov and others.
- The family of William Shilton of Farringdon, Berkshire, England.
- Family trees that date from the 1800s (IRL) and the 1600s (DEU) to present day USA, ENG, CAN and AUS. Includes maps, biographies and general history.
- Descendants of Valentine Shirrar (Shirer) and related families.
- Family tree and webpages for more than ten generations of Siddiqui family.
- Book on the ancestors and descendants of Jacob Siemens, a Dutch-German Mennonite who lived in Russia 1862-1927.
- Dedicated to finding, documenting and sharing information about the Sieswerda/Syswerda name.
- Ancestral database as maintained by Jim Siford.
- Ancestors and descendants of the Silos in the US and Philippines.
- Ancestral history of Horacio Silvestroni including the Sylvester family; ancestors migrated from Italy to the USA.
- Family tree presented in Dutch and English. Features the surnames Rechholtz, Seimann and Wichra.
- South Carolina family including the lineages Tate, Palmer, Cordes, Marion, Porcher, Gendron and Gaillard.
Sims: Search for the Lost Ancestors
- Family history of James Searle Sims born 1900 in Hartford, Kansas and Gwendolyn Dorothy Mann born 1914 in Pocatello, Idaho, USA. Includes the lineages of Cummins, Wensauer, Hirschvoigel, Sweet and Spender.
- Family history and general interests of Peter Sipple from Essex, ENG. Includes UK research into the surname and its application; discussion forum; and mailing list.
Sisco Family Ties
- Ancestral history including the surnames Bowling, Darnell, Gilliam, Moore, Waddell and Webb. Features Sisco surname register and associated links.
- Ancestral history covering nine generations to 1778, primarily UK. Includes coat of arms and surname origin.
Skeel and Kannegaard Genealogy
- Family history in Denmark, nobility in Europe, royal families, coat of arms.
- Genealogy of families mainly in New England, Canada, England and France with concentration on Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, USA and Littleborough, Rochdale, Keighley and Idle, England. Compiled by Wayne Michael Sladen.
- Ancestors and descendants of Karl and Julianna Slama. Includes family tree, memorial, Ellis Island records, web awards, associated links and guestbook.
Slings Family Tree Research
- Gert Slings from Papendrecht (Holland) and Hubert Slings from Waddinxveen (Holland), trace the lineages of the Netherlands and the USA. Available in Dutch and English.
- Forum for information on Slingsbys worldwide.
- Ancestors and descendants of John Clark Sloan and wife Isabella Black with origins in Scotland and Ireland.
- Descendants of Johann Michael Schleyer in the US. Includes the variants: Schlaher, Schleier, Schleyer, Schlëyer, Schloyer, and Sloyer. Prepared by Joyce Godfrey.
- Tracing the name and its application throughout America with pedigrees listed by state. Includes origins, coat of arms, military history, resources and mailing list.
- History of the name including worldwide contacts as compiled by Ian Hall. Features official study by David Smallwood who is registered with the Guild on One Names Studies, number 2361.
- A number of family lines, humor, and links.
- Research includes the variants Smithhart, Smitheart, Smithert, Smithard, Smithiard. Features obituaries, census and military records plus a message board and associated links.
- Interactive forum for those researching the name.
- Family history and monthly newsletters related to the lineage.
- Exchange information, post family pictures, announce reunions and list pedigrees. Includes a narrative of the early descendants of William Napier.
Soderlund Family of Minnesota
- The Soderlund Family immigrated to the United States in 1892 from Fanbyn, Medelpad, Sweden and moved to Minnesota. Genealogy, history and links.
- British family history association researching the name and its application including the variants Saul, Sewell, Solley and Solly. Overseas membership welcome.
- Surname, history, lineage, crest, coat of arms, familia, apellido, historia, linaje, escudo, armas, forum, foro.
Somers Family History
- Ancestral history of Joan Hapeman Somers and Thomas J Somers featuring the surnames Butler, Goetz, Hapman, Hepmann, Hebmann, Hepeman, Logan and Summers.
- Researching the name and its application including the variants Sondereguer (Latin American), Sondeijker (Dutch) and Son de Regger or Sonderecker (German).
- Family history as compiled by Andy Potts. Includes associated research and relevant background history.
- Information on family history, genealogy, family reunions, photo gallery, and family news.
- Family history of Lesla Soulsby including the surnames Currie, Drummond, Knox, Liddy, Morrison, Patterson, Peavey, Saunders, Stewart and Stockton. Tracing the lineages from Perthshire, SCT to AUS.
- Descendants of Cesidio (Jimmy) Spacco of Boston, MA, USA. Family history and photographs compiled by Val and Jimmy Spacco.
Spade Family in America
- Focal point for members of the Spade family in America to share family history and photographs.
- Family history of Michael Spann including the surnames Davis, May, Whitney, Tucker, Prue, Hyatt and Beaman. Compiled by Michael Spann.
Spelts Genealogy Data Repository
- Family genealogy database, photos and history. Registration required for access.
- History of the Israel Spikes family. Includes photographs and a web ring for related family sites.
- Descendants and ancestry of Thomas D. Spoor of Starke County, Indiana.
- Researching the early families of Floyd and Johnson Counties in Kentucky. Surnames include Blair, Salyer, Hitchcock, and Conley.
Spybey Family Tree
- Supplies archives, and family interviews and information from Spybeys all over the world.
- Yahoo group designed to unite those researching the name within Australia or with connections in the UK and Ireland. Free members only section.
- Pedigrees of this and related family lines primarily from Germany, Prussia and Bohemia.
Staleys Family History
- Documentation for 14,211 Staleys from family historians worldwide.
- Standish and Bemont ancestral history; includes Myles and Charlemagne lineages.
- Stanier family. Includes surnames Staniar Stanier Stanyer Stonehewer Stonier and Stonyer.
- Lineage of Jacob Stauffer (b.1765) as compiled by Robert J Stauffer.
- One-name study including the variants Sted, Steade, Steads, Stade, Stede, Steede, Steds, Stid, Stidd and Stide. Maintained by Shelagh Mason.
Stedman Family Organization
- Research focuses on the Stedman families originating in the British Isles; not the Swedish Stiddem or Stedham family, nor the various German Steadmann lineages.
- Family research and name resources including mailing list, photographs, reunions and associated links.
- Includes Burdick, Williams, Cole and allied family of Montana, Missouri, Idaho and Illinois.
- Descendants of Johann Friedrich Wilhelm Stelzriede. Explores the lineages from Hille, DEU. Includes photographs, associated links, and a detailed family tree with notes. Compiled by Ron Nelson.
Stennetts of England
- Five generations of Seventh Day Baptist ministers including names, places, and family plus bibliography, indexes and contacts.
- Descendants of Jonathan Sterling Snr (b.1792) of IRL. Settled in Somerset County, Maine USA around 1830. Features family tree and photographs.
- Connecting those who share the same name including the variants Stickel, Stickles and Stickle.
Stitt and Adair
- Descendants of Thomas Stitt and Mary Adair as presented in a World Connect database.
- Family history of Thomas A Stobie from Overland Park, KS USA. Includes a reference link to the Stobie database (World Connect).
Stoddard Family Legacy
- History of the Stoddard family in America, includes family pages.
Stone Families of Ireland
- Connecting the Stone families of Ireland from Henry VIII to George III.
Stonesifer: Delaware Families
- Ancestral histories, archives and cemetery listings including a special memorial to US Army Rangers Kris Stonesifer and Jonn Edmunds, who were killed in a helicopter accident during operation Rhino.
Stotera - All things Stotera
- Family tree for the Stotera surname. Includes other interests too.
- Descendants of Richard Streatfield born abt 1540 of Chiddingstone, Kent, England.
Streiff Family Ancestry
- Information on the Streiff surname originating in Switzerland. Descendants located in Europe, United States and elsewhere.
- Researching the name and its variants worldwide. Includes histories and English Civil Registrations of BDMs from 1837 to 1820.
- Information, sources, family trees, coats of arms and history to 1300 of the family in Switzerland and worldwide.
- Lineaeges, photographs, and descendency charts.
Stronach Family : Three Spades Deep
- Descendants of George Stronach and his first wife, Mary (Polly) Fales and second wife, Elizabeth (O'Connor) Merritt.
- William Strother Society Inc, dedicated to the descendants of William Stother (d.1702) of King George Count, Virginia, USA.
Stroud Family History
- Discussion group of Stroud genealogy and related families, as well as exchanging family files and photos.
Strutton Family Connections
- Strutton (Stratton) pedigrees as co-ordinated by Shirley Strutton Dalton. Features general queries, name origins, bible records, wills, land deeds, photographs, census data and military records.
- Ancestral history of J Stubblefield including the lineages of Farmer, Fisher, Atherton, Harpter and Sizemore.
- Linking the descendants of Thomas Sturge of Gaunts Earthcott in preparation for the Third Sturge Pilgrimage.
Sturt Family Tree Database
- Worldwide compilation of lineages sharing the same name. Submissions are encouraged.
Stymiest : The Wizard's Realm
- Researching the Steinmetz and Stymiest lineages, including surnames Becker, Gomsrud and Harder. Features veterans page and associated webrings. Compiled by Steve and Bill.
Stüssi Genealogy and Family History
- A study of the Swiss surname Stüssi with research notes and other information files.
- Small family tree and the beginnings of a one name study on the Suddick family name.
- Collection of Sudduth family history from the perspective of Ned Sudduth and his extended family. Includes family photos, a forum and ancestry information.
- Researching the lineages of Sumner, Rushton, Willson, Johnson and Garman. Includes searchable databases and associated links.
- The Sumner family originated in Wiltshire, UK, and spread to Gloucestershire, Somerset, and Dorset. Offers family trees for each one known.
- Offers genealogy and history for the family name and the Eldersfield area.
- Descendants of Isabella Anna Sophia Swanson USA, includes ancestors in Småland and Halland, Sweden.
Swander Family Tree
- Descendants of John Swadner as compiled by Morris Gail Swadener Jnr.
Swank Family Line
- German descendants arrived in America around 1734 settling in Pennsylvania before moving on to Maryland. Includes surname list, photos and grave markers.
- Family history as compiled by Ellwyn Swegle and Karen Swegle Holt. Includes surnames Allen, Carney, Foster, Thrasher, Wise and Weiss.
- Szikula and Sikula family history.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 20, 2016 at 17:54:06 UTC -