become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jewish/Eastern_Europe
A.L. Bell's Minsk Gubernya Translation Center
- First systematic effort to put translations of notices from the Russian Empire's official newspapers on the Internet. 19th century Jewish/non-Jewish Eastern European history.
- Devoted to genealogical and historical information about the Jewish community of Felshtin, Ukraine, its residents and the pogrom of 1919. Includes bibliography.
Jewish Records Indexing - Poland
- A ground breaking project to create a computer database of indices to the 19th century Jewish vital records of Poland. Launched in early 1995, JRI - Poland is already the largest fully searchable database of Jewish vital records accessible through the Internet. Teams of volunteers around the world (called "Shtetl CO-OPs") are actively working to expand the database.
- For anyone trying to trace their Jewish roots back to the surnames on the 18th century Grand Duchy of Lithuania censuses.
Routes to Roots
- Tracing Jewish Roots in Poland, Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus. Site of a U.S. firm with offices in Ukraine and Poland specializing in Jewish research in the archives of Eastern Europe and Customized Tours. Besides self-promotion, the site features a number of maps and pictures of various towns and places, synagogues, monuments, etc.
- Sephardic Jewish genealogists with roots in the former Turkish Ottoman Empire including Turkey, Serbia, Greece, and Yugoslavia.
Vital Records in Poland
- A very good introductory text.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 17, 2015 at 0:43:31 UTC -