become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genealogy/Heraldry
Open Directory - Society: Genealogy: Heraldry
Society: Genealogy: Royalty
This category in other languages:
- FAQs, introductions to heraldic concepts and terms, an illustrated glossary and information on heraldry within various countries and groups.
A Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry
- An illustrated heraldic dictionary by James Parker which was first published in 1894.
American Academy for the Promotion of Genealogical and Heraldic Sciences
- Provides resources and a forum for the academic discussion of genealogy and heraldry. Includes organization information, members and links.
Catholic Encyclopedia: Ecclesiastical Heraldry
- Information on heraldry as it is used in and by the Catholic church.
Civic Heraldry of England and Wales
- Coats of arms or badges for over 380 English and Welsh civil authorities.
- Coats of arms from the Cathar crusade in the 13th century. [English/French]
- Includes a history of heraldry through the Renaissance, information on officers of arms in England and a primer of blazonry.
- Features articles, a bibliography, and a forum on North American heraldry. [French/English]
- Potential symbolic meanings of heraldic charges, with a special focus on Irish heraldry.
Polish Nobility 2001
- Armorial of Polish Nobility and information about Polish Royalty.
Roll of Arms of rec.heraldry
- Arms of members of the Usenet newsgroup rec.heraldry and others of interest to that group.
Russian Heraldry as It is
- The articles and basic information on the Russian armorial heritage and the current heraldic practice in Russia.
The Baronage Press
- Concerns the art, history and symbolism of heraldry, and the history, politics, books, cinema and television to which heraldry has thematic links.
The Law of Arms in Mediaeval England
- Discusses the development of the law from its origin to the present.
The Puncher Heraldry Program
- Based on user-provided information creates an image of a simple coat of arms.
The Quartermaster Heraldic Section
- Information on the institutions charged with the handling of U.S. military heraldry.
The Right to Arms
- Describes to whom the right to bear a coat of arms belongs.
- An FAQ for the Usenet group rec.heraldry.
Usenet rec.heraldry -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:35:07 AM EST -