become an editor
the entire directory
only in Student/Harassment
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Open Directory - Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Student: Harassment
Society: Issues: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: School
ACLU: LGBT Youth & Schools
- News and information on schools being sued and how to make them safer.
California Safe Schools Coalition
- An organization offering research, news and details of the law.
Day of Silence Project
- National youth-run effort using silence to protest the actual silencing of LGBT people due to harassment, bias and abuse in schools. History of the project, information on the H.Con.Res. 346 resolution, and organizing manual.
District Policies on Bullying, Harassment, and Discrimination
- A Washington-based study into differing policies. [PDF]
Hatred in the Hallways
- Human Rights Watch study into violence and discrimination in the United States.
Healthy Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Students Project
- Collaboration of nurses, counselors, psychologists and social workers; with resources for schools, workshops and policies.
Information for Schools on Homophobic Bullying
- Scotland-based site summarizing school experiences, with links to support organizations.
Stopping the Anti-Gay Abuse of Students in Public Schools: A Legal Perspective
- Primer for students, parents, and attorneys who are ready to take action against anti-gay abuse in our nation's schools. PDF file, requires reader.
The 2007 National School Climate Survey
- United States study into the experiences within schools. [PDF]
The Safe Schools Coalition
- Partnership of organizations that seek to promote tolerance in schools by providing resources for students, parents, and schools.
Think Before You Speak
- Ad Council and GLESN response to "That's So Gay" as derogatory language. Offers alternatives, send ecards, and watch videos.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:54:00 PM EDT -