become an editor
the entire directory
only in Christianity/Catholicism
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Religion and Spirituality
American Catholic Church
Friends Catholic Communion
Liberal Catholic Church International
National Catholic Church of America
Reformed Catholic Church
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Organizations: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
AGLO Chicago - Archdiocesan Gay and Lesbian Outreach
- Calendar, resources, and history of this group offering Gay and Lesbian Catholics a sense of community and opportunity to worship and practice their faith.
Catholic Bishops Condemn Rhetoric of Violence
- Greenbelt Interfaith News article on the call for reconciliation; includes the response of Dignity, an organization of gay Catholics.
A Catholic Mother Looks at the Gay Child
- Gays and lesbians, no matter what your religion this book is great for "coming out". Both informative and supportive, dispelling negative religious myths.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church, Chicago
- Parish has an active gay and lesbian ministry. This is where you go to Mass when you're in Chicago.
- Theological, Liturgical and Philosophical works of an English Gay Catholic Platonist. Includes autobiography, love poetry and other literary works.
Spirituality for Catholic Lesbians
- General personal observations on dealing with adversity; nothing specifically Catholic about it, except that presumably the author is Catholic.
St. Bernadette Catholic Church, Severn, Maryland
- Offers a parish ministry called "Reclaim," although it is unclear as to what philosophy it espouses. Link to New Ways Ministry at the parish site indicates hope for positive program, though.
St. James Cathedral, Archdiocese of Seattle
- No gay and lesbian ministry listed at this site, but the Cathedral is a popular and welcoming place for gays and lesbians in Seattle. It is because of Masses celebrated for Dignity in this cathedral that the Vatican first clamped down on that organization and disciplined Archbishop Hunthausen. A landmark in gay and lesbian Catholic history. This is where you go to Mass when you're in Seattle.
St. Monica Catholic Church, Santa Monica, California
- Welcoming parish includes activities of its Gay and Lesbian Outreach group.
St. Victor Catholic Church, West Hollywood
- Resources for gay and lesbian Catholics: articles and documents, AIDS Memorial Chapel, moderated online forum for those angry or hurt by the Church, archive of messages in gay publications, complete daily liturgical calendar with images of saints, book and movie recommendations. This is where you go to Mass when you're in Los Angeles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2013 at 12:24:06 UTC -