become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transhumanism/Transhumanists
Open Directory - Society: Future: Transhumanism: Transhumanists
Society: Philosophy: Philosophers
- Advanced topics in transhumanism with informative material in analytic philosophy and computational neuroscience.
Davis, John K.
- Transhumanist and technology advocate. Incorporates the former Transhumanist Unitarian Universalist Network.
- Economist and polymath; inventor of "Ideas Futures" markets; allegedly open-minded and politically undogmatic. His homepage is immodest(?) and says much about him, not necessarily bad things.
Magalhães, João Pedro de
- Researcher of human aging, with several essays about transhumanism, human nature, and the ethics of new technologies.
- Futurist, co-founder and chairman of the Extropy Institute.
Pearce, David: HedWeb
- Interests: how biotechnology will allow us to get rid of suffering in all sentient life (allegedly); animal rights; consciousness; psychopharmacology; and "Why does anything exist?" An attractive, thought-provoking, and many-tentacled site.
Tipler, Frank J.
- Mathematician and originator of the "Omega Point" theory that the universe is finite, and therefore ultimately controllable in its entirety by sentients.
- Founder and director of the Transhumanist Arts and Culture World Center, president of the Extropy Institute.
- Research Fellow of the Singularity Institute, author of "Friendly AI" and "Staring into the Singularity". His Web complex, "The Low Beyond", contains professional and personal writings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:52:48 UTC -