become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transhumanism/Singularity
Open Directory - Society: Future: Transhumanism: Singularity
- Website with articles and forum. Topics include accelerating change, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, intelligence enhancement, the Singularity, and existential risks.
Critical Discussion of Vinge's Singularity Concept
- Thirteen participants write essays on the Singularity; Vernor Vinge responds to each. Edited by Robin Hanson.
Ethical Issues In Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Oxford philosopher Nick Bostrom's analysis and policy recommendations for the construction of advanced artificial intelligences with self-improving superhuman intelligence (the Singularity).
How Long Before Superintelligence?
- Nick Bostrom's scholarly analysis of the hardware and software required for superintelligence, and when it is likely to arrive.
Long-Term Growth as a Sequence of Exponential Modes
- Trend analysis: Fits the history of economic growth from 2 million B.C. to today as a sequence of growth modes, and suggests that in the next century a new mode may appear where the economy doubles every month or two.
Nanotechnology Now - Singularity
- A brief article with numerous links.
Shock Level 4 Mailing List
- Information on the Singularity, superintelligence, Powers, Jupiter Brains, Alpha-Point cosmologies, posthumanity, Apotheosis et al. "The four virtues of an SL4 post are Intelligence, Fun, Importance, and Future Shock. (Any post should include at least one.)"
The Singularitarian Principles
- Principles that define and describe "Singularitarians", who seek to accelerate the arrival of a safe and benevolent technological Singularity.
Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Nonprofit organization devoted to creating, discussing and coordinating singularity-related efforts, and publish introductory material and research papers on the topic.
- An article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Vernor Vinge on the Singularity
- The 1993 NASA lecture by Vernor Vinge, inventor of the Singularity concept. "Within thirty years, we will have the technological means to create superhuman intelligence. Shortly after, the human era will be ended."
Yahoo! Groups: technocalypse
- Radical singularitarian discussion list for "technologically and socio-politically Enlightened individuals" who want to "become our own god-like, potentially immortal successors".
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:05:05 PM EDT -