become an editor
the entire directory
only in Future/Predictions
Society: Future: Catastrophes
A Brief History of the Apocalypse: The Future
- A timeline of our apocalyptic future if religious-based predictions all come true.
2012: Dire Gnosis
- Prophecies focussed on the year AD 2012 with sources including calendrical systems, visions, religions, archaeology, tribal prophecies, NDEs, OOBEs, contemporary shamanism.
21st century - Wikipedia
- User-supported 21st century timeline plus predictions for the future.
Arthur C. Clarke's Predictions
- Science fiction king's predictions about the future on Kurzweil AI Net.
Battelle - Technology Forecasts
- Battelle Institute predicts technology. Includes top ten technologies, top ten breakthroughs for household products, and other top ten lists.
BBC - h2g2 - Predicting the Future
- Users can make predictions about the future for later comparison.
Book Review: The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence, by Ray Kurzweil
- Book discusses Moore's Law (computers double in "intelligence" every two years) and how AI will inevitably surpass human intelligence in about 20 years.
Dr. David Passig
- Futurist lecturer-consultant who specializes in technological, social and educational forecasting. Materials in English and Hebrew.
Failing Predictions:. Future society
- Claims that predictions usually fail. Nevertheless gives a summary of unsolved conflicts in present-day society that will affect the future.
- Science fiction writer Brian Dana Akers' predictions for the 21st century.
Forecast Puts Earth's Future Under a Cloud
- An overview of scientists' predictions of the impact of global temperatures rise on climate change. Guardian, Science.
A Future Timeline of Humanity and the Universe
- Predicts technological and sociological developments over the next millennium, and forecasts the ultimate destiny of humanity and the universe. Gets better the farther out.
- Analyzes historical events through the flow of generations, comparing today's generational attitudes to those of the past, thereby producing analysis and forecasts of news, politics, culture and finance.
The Global Technology Revolution: Summary
- Predicts impact of technology on life in the year 2015.
- Forecasts humanity's next two millennia to identify technological, sociopolitical, industrial and academic developments.
Life in the Future
- General predictions for the year 2010.
- Discussion and wagers on important future events.
The Millennium Calendar
- Chronological schedule of predicted and actual events linked to millennial prophecies, including NASA space launches. Runs from Rapture expected in 1998 to end of the world in 3797.
Mooneyham's Speculative Timeline
- A timeline of the future based on technological and scientific predictions.
Moore's Law - Is the End Upon Us?
- An article by Carlo Kopp analyzing the behaviour of Moore's Law and speculating on likely future outcomes.
- Presents a futuristic scenario based on the ultimate outcome of the Internet and biotechnology revolutions; promotes discussion and debate of present-day technological and social trends.
- Consensus view of the future based on user generated predictions.
- Twentieth century predictions of future technology that never happened.
Take Hold of the Future
- Offers many videos, magazine articles, and books on all aspects of the future by Dr. Patrick Dixon.
Using World History to Predict the Future
- Civilizations have predictable life cycles.
Web of Fate
- A social experiment that harnesses the collective intelligence of the web to visualize and uncover hidden relationships among future events.
The World of 2088
- What the world will be like according to the University of Washington.
The Year 2012
- News, speculation, and prophecy on the year 2012.
The Future of Humanity
- A transcript of a lecture given by Dr. Isaac Asimov at Newark College of Engineering. (November 08, 1974)
Usenet alt.history.future -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2014 at 2:42:04 UTC -