become an editor
the entire directory
only in Future/Organizations
Open Directory - Society: Future: Organizations
Society: Future: Projects
Association of Professional Futurists
- A community of professional futurists committed to leadership and excellence in the futures field.
Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies
- A Danish independent institution with the objective of researching the future for public and private organizations, in order to strengthen their basis for decision-making. Bilingual site.
Craig Research Labs
- A private sector scientific research firm, existing to accelerate the technological development of the human race.
- "The non-profit Foresight Institute focuses its efforts on nanotechnology, the coming ability to build materials and products with atomic precision, and systems that will enhance knowledge exchange and critical discussion, thus improving public and private policy decisions."
Foresight for the European Research Area (FORERA)
- Foresight provides a framework for a group of people concerned with an issue at stake, such as future of EU manufacturing, research and development and innovation priorities, transport and mobility.
Frontier Organizations on the Web
- - A list of organizations engaged in frontier and visionary work such as future studies, philosophy, personal and social liberation, and advanced technology
- The international branch of the German registered society `Zukunft 25 e.V.' which is dedicated to promoting thinking and acting in long time spans.
Global Business Network
- A membership organization specializing in scenario thinking and collaborative learning about the future. Their worldwide network includes strategists from more than 50 leading companies, as well as experts from the arts, sciences, business, and academia.
Institute for Alternative Futures
- Nonprofit research and educational organization specializing in aiding organizations and individuals to more wisely choose and create their preferred futures.
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
- A nonprofit organization in the United States seeking to contribute to the understanding of the impact of emerging technologies on individuals and societies.
Institute for Future Studies (IFS)
- Conducts research and public discussion of questions concerning future use of information and communication technologies, especially in the professional and educational worlds. Staff profiles, services and current project information, and publication library provided.
Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS)
- One of the eight Research Institutes of the European Commission (EC), the IPTS organizes regional foresight studies on science and technology to inform political and economic decision-makers.
New Civilization Network
- A network of people, projects and ideas for building a world that works.
New Environment Association
- Background and current activities directed toward achieving a sustainable world that is supportive of all human beings.
- Helps people and organizations better anticipate and respond to upcoming change through research and programs that review critical uncertainties, challenges and trends.
The Calousian Association
- A membership organization of those wanting to help the humanity in reaching Calousia, the humanity's state of high-capacity existence.
The Centre for Future Studies
- Futures think tank focused on future trends and their impacts for applications including product development, strategy formulation, marketing communications, customer relationship management; trends analyses, scenarios and predictions, upcoming events, and discussion forum.
The Club of Rome
- International think tank composed of prominent intellectuals and decision-makers analyzing global, interlinked, long-term problems challenging the future of humanity and the planet using systems analysis and futures research; site offers reports, upcoming events, a forum, and links to further resources.
The DaVinci Institute
- Comprised of over 150 scientists, researchers, and futurists located across the United States, its goal being to track emerging technologies and speculate about future inventions.
The Digital Exploration Society - DEX
- Multimedia authoring from remote, natural places allows children and adults to understand how to express themselves in the new media world of global digital communication.
The Interstellar Panspermia Society
- Dedicated to promoting the future of life in space by directed panspermia missions.
The Long Now Foundation
- A project of computer pioneer Daniel Hillis and Whole Earth founder Stewart Brand to develop a 10,000 year clock. This is long-term project that gets people thinking past the mental barrier of the Millennium.
The Millennium Project
- Think tank of futurists, scholars, business planners, and policy makers.
The Mother's Service Society, Pondicherry, India
- Social science research institute which has done extensive research in such areas as social development theory, economics, management, peace and governance, the future of money, the future role of the Internet, the future of science, the future World Army, and the Global Century.
World Future Society
- For people interested in how social and technological developments are shaping the future. Futurist forecasts, interviews, publications, upcoming events, and organization information.
World Futures Studies Federation
- A professional society of futures researchers, academics, consultants, and their affiliated organizations. Includes activities, events, newsletter (and archives), membership directory, and members-only sections (fee required to join).
World Resources Institute
- Non-profit organization supporting research, conferences, education, training, and policy initiatives for environmental stewardship and sustainable development; resources available online include essays, research reports, and powerpoint presentations.
World Space League
- Primary Objective: To establish a World Wide Network of people who believe that Space Business / Travel /Education should be available to all people regardless of age, race, religion and income.
- Organization explores implications of new information and communication technologies. Includes press releases, information on events and exhibits, and links to related resources.
- A global initiative that seeks to bring together under one roof a society’s most influential leaders, thinkers, and artists to envision and advance the collective growth of humanity.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 20, 2009 4:17:49 PM EST -