become an editor
the entire directory
only in Future/Essays
- Complete English text from the Finnish book "100 Phenomena" by Risto Linturi and Ilkka Hannula containing miniature scenarios for the years 2000 to 2020 illustrating what may happen in our future and how it will feel.
- A prediction about the nature of the impending Republic of Australia.
The Collegiate Landscape of the Future
- The universities of the future won't be built around the Internet; they will be built around small residential colleges.
Ethical Issues of Robots in Society
- Discusses the ethical issues of robots in society, such as robot slavery and daily treatment.
- Essays on change, the future of humanity, and transhumanism, by Nick Bostrom; archival site, no longer updated.
- Follows developments in science, technology, business, society and the environment and assesses their impact.
Introduction to Future Studies
- A summary of methodologies for studying change and future. By Linda Groff and Paul Smoker, Global Options, California State University, USA.
Manifesto for the Peoples of the Third Millennium
- An outline of processes for developing progressive alternative societies.
A Message From Future Generations
- People of the future give advice on spiritual and political development. Dr. Allen Tough's book.
The National Intelligence Council's 2025 Project
- The fourth unclassified report prepared by US National Intelligence Council (NIC) in recent years that takes a long-term view of the future. It offers a fresh look at how key global trends might develop over the next 15 years to influence world events.
News for a Synergic Earth
- A collection of discussions and articles focused on culture, systems thinking and how to create a more sustainable future.
Philosophy of Technology
- Several essays centered on how the world will cope with humanity's natural drive towards cultural and physical speciation.
Principles of Forecasting
- From the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA. Seeks to develop a set of principles to guide forecasting for problems in management, operations research, and the social sciences.
The Retrieval Hypothesis
- Some day, the humans or their descendants using a very advanced technology and knowledge will be able to rebuild dead individuals.
ROBOT: Mere Machine to Transcendent Mind, by Hans Moravec
- Additional figures and text for Moravec's book on the next six decades.
The Sky is the Linit
- A personal discussion of the most relevant and actual of the world's problems.
Social Fiction - S. Flor
- Report from the year 2029: local markets have become an important complement to the established global economic system.
Why the Future Doesn't Need Us
- Article on how technologies, including robotics, genetic engineering, and nanotechnology, are threatening to make humans an endangered species.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 25, 2015 at 6:24:04 UTC -