become an editor
the entire directory
only in Catastrophes/Human_Extinction
Beyond the Holocaust - Survival or Extinction?
- Subtitled "A survival manual for humanity", this online book attempts to summarise problems threatening humanity's very survival, their causes and possible solutions to them.
Book: The End of the World - The Science and Ethics of Human Extinction
- by Prof. John Leslie. The first comprehensive survey of potential catastrophes speculated upon by scientists, from comet and asteroid impacts to nuclear or chemical warfare, from ozone layer destruction to overpopulation and poisoning of the environment or the risk of disaster through genetic engineering. Also covers philosophy and ethics. 1996
- Paper by Nick Bostrom, analyzing well-known and less well-known extinction risks and related crippling hazards to humanity.
The Future Watch
- The site intended to prevent the cataclysmic end-of-the-world scenarios caused by advancing technology. Articles, news and media references.
The Lifeboat Foundation
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging scientific advancements to help humanity survive existential risks and possible misuse of increasingly powerful technologies.
Musing on Beginning and End
- Thoughts on the enormity of the cosmos and the life cycle of civilizations, including our own.
The Universal Extinction Constant
- The site author, Alan J Bessant, introduces his thesis and promotes understanding of the Universal Extinction Constant and Extinction Threat Level.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 22, 2012 at 20:54:03 UTC -