become an editor
the entire directory
only in Future/Catastrophes
Large Near Earth Object Impacts
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Extinction
Society: Future: Predictions
Society: History: By Topic: Disasters
- Notes, news and links on destructive forces of the universe from volcanoes, tsunamis, plagues and nuclear weapons on Earth to stars collapsing and exploding into hypernovae across the galaxy.
- A variety of apocalypses: meteors, black holes, technological disasters, weird physical phenomena, religious writings, robots, and aliens.
Possible Future Global Catastrophes
- This survey considers earthquake, pandemic, alien aggression, interplanetary impact, supernova, ice age, nuclear catastrophe, bioterror, and nanotech robot aggression.
- The powerful earthquake and tsunami that hit Asia on December 26, 2004 was not the last in the masterminded sequence. The location of the next, and the final one is known. What they are still looking for is only the date of this event.
WWW Bomb Shelter
- Virtual "bomb shelter," based on instructions from Soviet Union Cold-War-era pamphlets, offers information on preparing for nuclear attacks, as well as histories and descriptions of various nuclear weapons.
Challenges of Nanotechnology Misuse Cited in Leslie's 'The End of the World'
- From the Foresight Institute (which specialises in nanotechnology). (September 15, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2015 at 14:05:08 UTC -