become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folklore/Magic
Charms and Spells
Society: Religion and Spirituality: African: Diasporic: Hoodoo, Rootwork, Conjure, Obeah
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Divination
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Esoteric and Occult: Magick
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Pagan: Wicca: Online Book of Shadows: Spellcraft
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Shamanism
The Arcane Archive
- A cache of usenet and other text files pertaining to occult, mystical, and spiritual subjects.
The Evil Eye
- Article in the e-zine Azerbaijan International, by Jean Patterson and Arzu Aghayeva describing the belief and available protection.
Issues in Ethnicity: The Demory Site Skull
- Christopher Fennell, a University of Virginia anthropologist, describes a small X-marked clay skull, an article of malevolent conjuration buried beneath a Virginia farm house between 1780 and 1860, raising significant issues in ethnic studies, folk magic, anthropology, and historical archeology.
Lucky Mojo: The Evil Eye
- An essay on the blue glass "Nazar Boncugu" or "Eye Bead" worn for protection in Turkey, Cyprus, the Central Asian Turkic Republics, and among the Uigur Turks of China.
Maneki Neko - The Beckoning Cat
- Legends of the Japanese lucky cat and why statues of it are used by shop-keepers to draw in customers.
Symbolic Healing in Hungarian Ethnomedicine
- Describes rituals involved in curing illness believed to be caused by magic. Includes examples and references.
Usenet alt.folklore.info -
Usenet alt.lucky.w -
Usenet alt.magick.folk -
Usenet alt.paranormal.spells.hexes.magic -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 6:45:05 UTC -