become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Tales/Oceanian
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Oceanic
Ancient Legends of Guam
- Legends of places and people of Guam (in Chamorro and English).
Chaifi - The Ancient Spririt Volcano of Guam
- A Real Video presentation of the legend.
Climbing a Mountain Without a Ladder: Chronologies and Stories
- An analysis of folktales from Unea Island, Papua New Guinea, as published in the journal "Time and Society".
The Leagacy of Moro, the Snake-Man of Bariai, West New Britain
- A folktale from Papua New Guinea, originally published in the book "Children of Kilibob".
- A folktale in English and the Nakanai language of Papua New Guinea. This is a copy of the book "Magurei", which was collected by Ray and Marilyn Johnston.
Maui Myths and Folklore
- Four Maui stories from the Maui Cheetah website.
New Zealand Maori Legends
- How the Kiwi Lost his Wings, and Rata's Waka.
- A description of the gods of Polynesia.
- E-zine on Australian folklore, oral and social history, as well as music and song, both traditional and contemporary.
Snakes, adulterers, and the Loss of Paradise in Kaliai
- An analysis of the Kilibob-Manup corpus of myths from West New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea.
A Tahitian Legend
- Legend of the shaping of the mountains of Tahiti.
Tales and Stories of the South Pacific
- Legends and oral history passed from generation to generation on the Pacific Islands.
Vanishing and Returning Heroes: Ambiguity and Persistent Hope in an Unea Island Legend
- An analysis and synopsis of the story of Mataluangi from East New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 10, 2016 at 11:22:23 UTC -