become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Tales/Middle_Eastern
Open Directory - Society: Folklore: Literature: Tales: Fairy Tales: World Tales: Middle Eastern
Nasreddin and Juha
Arab Folk Tales
- Three folk tales from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Algeria.
Archive of Turkish Oral Narrative
- Collection of Turkish folktales in English, as well as epic and other texts in several Turkic languages (PDF format).
Children's Folklore: Jirtdan
- One of the most popular and beloved fairy tales in Azerbaijan, with an introduction.
Speak, Bird, Speak Again: Palestinian Arab Folktales
- Collection of tales gathered and annotated by Ibrahim Muhawi (Darwish) and Sharif Kanaana; e-text from the University of California Press.
The Bald Boy Keloğlan and the Most Beautiful Girl in the World
- Exploration by H. Paksoy of Keloğlan, an archetype from Turkish folktales, illustrated with stories.
The Passion and the Magic: Distinctions of Arabic Folktales
- Article by Fatme Sharafeddine Hassan on some characteristic elements of Arabic folktales.
Turkish Games for Health and Recreation
- Scanned pages from the book by Barbara K. Walker and Warren S. Walker; e-text of ATON.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 2, 2009 6:47:55 PM EST -