become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Tales/American
Regional: North America: Canada: Society and Culture: Folklore
Regional: North America: United States: Tennessee: Arts and Entertainment: Folklore
World: Español: Regional: América: Argentina: Sociedad: Culturas: Folclore y tradición
World: Español: Regional: América: Chile: Sociedad: Culturas: Folclore y tradición
- Folktales, myths, legends, tall tales and ghost stories from each of the 50 states, as well as sections on Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Jesse James.
American Life Histories: Manuscripts from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936 - 1940
- Collection of typescript interviews from the Federal Writers' Folklore Project offering the recollections of Americans from many walks of life.
AppLit: Resources for Readers and Teachers of Appalachian Literature for Children and Young Adults
- Annotated materials, folklore texts and original literature from and about the southern Appalachian region.
Bawdy Ballads and Far-Fetched Folklore - An Oral History of Rural North Carolina
- Ballads and folktales, including an interactive section.
The Boy & The Devil
- A Cuento from the Texas borderland.
- Tales and traditions of the African-American communities on the South Carolina and Georgia Sea islands.
Haitian Proverbs, Riddles, Jokes and Folktales
- Collection compiled by Bob Corbett (in Creole and English).
Index of Appalachian Folktales Listed by Tale Title
- Bibliography, tale types, and abstracts of tales.
Jamaica Anansi Stories
- By Martha Warren Beckwith (1924), with music and riddles; e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
- Louisiana ghost stories, traiteur tales, lore, and tales from the African tradition.
Magic Tales of Mexico
- Tales from the Texas Mexican border, collected by Gabriel A. Cordova Jr.
Mules and Men
- African American folklore collected by famous folklorist Zora Neale Hurston, published in 1935.
Paul Bunyan - The Giant Lumberjack
- Illustrated version of the American tall tale.
Puerto Rican Folktales
- Curriculum by Doris M. Vazquez, offering an introduction to Puerto Rican storytelling, with sample tales, and annotated bibliography.
- History and ethnology research project of Joe Harris' tales of Uncle Remus; includes selected texts.
Vietnam Veterans Oral History and Folklore Project
- An ongoing undertaking to collect, preserve and make better known the folklore, especially the folksongs, of Americans in war.
White Cong and Black Clap: The Ambient Truth of Vietnam War Legendry
- Article by John Baky discussing legendary motifs occurring in print and opinion about the Vietnam war.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 9, 2014 at 18:58:53 UTC -