become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fairy_Tales/Arabian_Nights
Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night
Arts: Literature: World Literature: Arabic
The Electronic Literature Foundation: The Arabian Nights
- The Electronic Literature Foundation's presentation of The Arabian Nights, using translations by Andrew Lang and Sir Richard Burton.
The Arabian Nights
- Gateway site to the ASCII text of Sir Richard Burton's unexpurgated translation; includes synopses and commentaries on the tales.
The Arabian Nights (Alf Layla wa Layla)
- Text as translated by Sir Richard Burton (1850), from the Middle East and Islamic Collection of Cornell University.
Arabian Nights Entertainments
- Text of the adaptation by Andrew Lang, first published in 1898, from Free Public Domain.
The Arabian Nights Nights Entertainments
- Text of the adaptation by Andrew Lang after the 1918 edition; e-text from the Project Gutenberg.
Arabian Nights Study Guide
- A much condensed version of some stories from the Arabian Nights, by Diane Thompson.
Free Library: The Arabian Nights
- Free Library online transcriptions of many stories from The Arabian Nights, as translated by Andrew Lang.
Jewish Encyclopedia: Arabian Nights
- Article (written circa 1900) about the collection of tales. Includes identification of stories that appear to be from Jewish sources.
Stories from the Thousand and One Nights
- As translated by Edward William Lane (1909-14) and revised by Stanley Lane-Poole; e-text at Bartleby.
Thousand and One Nights
- Entry from The Columbia Encyclopedia.
The Thousand Nights and a Night
- Bibliographic and biographic information about Sir Richard Burton, along with his complete translation, as well as the Scott, Lang, and Lane translations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 30, 2014 at 22:50:50 UTC -