become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fairies/Cottingley_Fairies
Open Directory - Society: Folklore: Literature: Tales: Fabulous Creatures: Fairies: Cottingley Fairies
Arts: Literature: Authors: D: Doyle, Arthur Conan
Arts: Movies: Titles: F: FairyTale
Arts: Movies: Titles: P: Photographing Fairies
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: West Yorkshire: Cottingley
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Hoaxes
The Case of the Cottingley Fairies
- From Joe Cooper's 1982 article "Cottingley: At Last the Truth."
The Coming of the Fairies
- Full text book by Arthur Conan Doyle first published in 1922; the author recounts his and others experiences relating to the Cottingly Fairy incident and other fairy sightings.
The Coming of the Fairies: An Alternative Viewpoint
- Essay by Barbara Roden discussing why Arthur Conan Doyle believed or wanted to believe in fairies.
Cottingley Connect: Cottingley Fairies
- Local site of the Cottingley Village with the story, location tracking of the photographs through history, colourized photographs, a book list and links.
- About the famed story of two young girls and the pictures they took of fairies in 1917.
The Cottingley Network
- History of the photographs, investigations, and investigators which followed; images of the location, family, and letters related to the events.
Fairy Dust: The Cottingley Fairies
- An organized series of events in a skeptic view.
Wikipedia: Cottingley Fairies
- Encyclopedic entry of the five photographs by Elsie Wright and Frances Griffiths taken in 1917.
'Fairy' fakes sell for fortune
- From BBC News, the original Cottingley fairy photographs were sold at auction for £21,620 to British bookseller Simon Finch. (July 16, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:27:05 PM EDT -