become an editor
the entire directory
only in Proverbs_and_Sayings/Oceanian
Proverbs and Sayings
Open Directory - Society: Folklore: Literature: Proverbs and Sayings: Oceanian
- Mäori proverbs related to the Pleiades, the constellation marking the planting season.
Olelo No'eau: Proverbs of the Ancient Hawaiian People
- Gathered by Mary Kawena Pukui and published in "Olelo No'eau", in Hawaiian and English with explanations.
Rotuman Proverb of the Week
- From Elizabeth Kafonika Makarita Inia's book "Rotuman Proverbs", with English translation and explanations in Rotuman (spoken on Fiji) and English.
Samoan Sensation - Proverbs
- Proverbs frequently encountered in formal language (in Samoan and English), with explanations.
Traditional Maori Proverbs - Some General Themes
- Article by Paul Moon, Auckland Institute of Technology, examining the nature and purpose of traditional Maori proverbs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:24:18 AM EDT -