become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folklore/Academic_Departments
Arts: Performing Arts: Storytelling: Education
Baltic Institute of Folklore (BIF) Home Page
- The Institute was founded by the academic folkloric institutions of the three Baltic states - Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania - in 1995 to coordinate folklore studies and research. Includes archives, a newsletter, academic contacts, and conference information.
Center for Folklore and Ethnography, University of Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate and graduate programs in folklore and folklife. Events announcements and links.
Cultural Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture
- A peer-reviewed internet and hadcopy journal dedicated to investigating expressive and everyday culture; based at the University of California, but global in scope.
Fife Folklore Archives
- Home to Utah State University's graduate Folklore Program. Catalog of resources including audio and manuscript.
- Course description, information on their masters and doctorate programs, and faculty pages.
Indiana University Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
- Established 1962 by Stith Thompson and Richard Dorson; specialities include language and literature, folk and traditional arts, and ritual and belief.
Indiana University Folklore Collection
- The Indiana University Bloomington Libraries Folklore and Ethnomusicology Collection home page contains general Folklore references, a list of links to other sites, and a description of the Collection.
Jewish Folklore in Israel
- A history of the development of academic Folklore studies in Israel with additional links to many other sites, both Jewish and Folkloric.
Memorial University of Newfoundland Department of Folkore
- Presents information about bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in folklore, including course descriptions. It also provides faculty, staff and student contact numbers and related folklore links.
Milman Parry Collection of Oral Literature
- One of the largest repositories of South Slavic heroic song; located at Widener Library, Harvard University; online exhibition of photos, song transcriptions, and video.
University of California at Berkeley, Folklore Program
- Description of the program, news, events postings, and links.
University of Missouri Center for Studies in Oral Tradition
- Academic site fostering the interdisciplinary growth of Oral Tradition Studies, a highly complex field derived from the older and more defined areas of folklore, anthropology, literary studies, and linguistics.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Curriculum in Folklore
- Program description, searchable manuscripts, and news.
Western Kentucky University Programs in Folk Studies and Anthropology
- Description of course studies and a reading list.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2013 at 20:42:53 UTC -