the entire directory
only in Society/Folklore
Open Directory - Society: Folklore
Death and Funeral Customs
Products and Services
Arts: Performing Arts: Storytelling
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Folklore
This category in other languages:
American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Created by Congress in 1976 "to preserve and present American Folklife," the Center incorporates the Archive of Folk Culture, established at the Library in 1928 as a repository for American Folk Music.
- Wolfgang Mieder's biographical sketch of the University of California Professor of Folklore Archer Taylor, and his work as a paremiologist - collector of proverbs.
Archives of Folklore Discussion List
- Hosts a complete month-by-month record of all the posts made to the discussion-list, from 1990 to the present.
At the Edge: The Cosmic Mill
- Article by Alby Stone discussing the hand-mill as an image of the cosmos.
- Essays and links.
British Columbia Folklore Society
- A definition and explanation of folklore, with examples.
D. L. Ashliman
- Folklore researcher, providing extensive resources on Germanic myths, legends and sagas, and Indo-European folk and fairy tales.
Folk Beliefs in Modern Japan
- E-text of the book edited by Inoue Nobutaka, Institute for Japanese Culture and Classics, Kokugakuin University.
Folklore: an Online Electronic Journal
- English-language archives of an informative Baltic Folklore journal published by the Folk Belief and Media Group of the Estonian Literary Museum. Material about Estonian shamanism, urban legends, ethnomusicology, popular calendar data, and general folk belief.
Journal of Folklore Research
- A peer-reviewed publication of the Folklore Institute at Indiana University, established in 1965.
Lucky W Amulet Archive
- Encyclopedic resource describing and illustrating folkloric talismans and lucky charms from around the world, including horseshoe, swastika, four-leaf clover, rabbit foot, raccoon penis bone, hamsa hand, John the Conqueror root, scarab beetle, and black cat bone.
Paganism in British Folk Customs by Bob Trubshaw
- Article that contrasts the true remains of Pagan origins in the folk customs of England with those customs created or exaggerated through "paganisation" by Victorian romantic authors.
- Journal of the Estonian National Museum, publishing short articles on ethnographical issues. Content in Estonian and English.
Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
- Focuses on contemporary grassroots cultures. Festival information, recordings, events, and resources.
Superstitions Around the World
- A compilation of superstitions and taboos around from variety of cultures.
The Folklore of the Isle of Man
- Myths, legends, superstitions, customs and proverbs, by A. W. Moore (1891), e-text from a Manx Note Book.
Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland
- Collected and arranged by Lady Augusta Gregory (1920), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Usenet alt.folklore.info -
Usenet alt.lucky.w -
Usenet alt.magick.folk -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, June 26, 2009 3:44:33 AM EDT -