become an editor
the entire directory
only in M/Míkmaq
Tribes, Nations and Bands
Open Directory - Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: M: Míkmaq
Anna Mae Pictou Aquash
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Geography: North America: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: Mi'kmaq
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: Federations: Wabanaki
Acadia First Nation
- Information on this community composed of five reserves. History and economic development. Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Aroostook Band of Micmacs
- Official site of the Maine band includes history, culture, and administrative information.
- Official homepage of this Canadian First Nation, with cultural,political, and historical information.
Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq
- An organization that was formed in 1986 by the band councils of six mainland Nova Scotia First Nations.
Four Directions Institute: Micmac
- Tribal profile, timeline, and links.
Ktaqamkuk Mi'kmaq Alliance
- Information on heritage and contemporary issues from a Mi'kmaq cultural organization.
- Provides an overview of the Mi'kmaq of Membertou, Mi'kmaq Nation. A source of information on First Nations in Canada and information relating to current issues facing the Mi'kmaq People
- Information on New Brunswick's Oldest Village. Located on the Northwest Miramichi river, it has been home to the Mikmaq people for the last 3000 years.
The Mi'kmaq (Micmac)
- Heritage, politics and other information on this Nation.
Mi'kmaq Business & Service Directory
- Web portal linking to Mi'kmaq arts, culture, language, history, spirituality, resources and a growing archive of news articles.
Mi'kmaq Portraits Collection
- The Nova Scotia Museum's collection of portraits and illustrations in various media, of the Mi'kmaq of Atlantic Canada.
- Develops alternatives and promotes Mi'kmaq education, interests and rights and has jurisdiction in Mi'kmaq educational matters. Lists newsletters, its schools, contact information, Bill C30 and NS Bill 4.
Mikmaq Language and the Mi'kmaq Indian Tribe
- Language, culture, history and genealogy. With a children's section.
- Links to Míkmaq related sites.
Native Council of Nova Scotia
- The history and programs of the Native Council of Nova Scotia. Established to serve the needs of off reserve Mi'kmaq/aboriginals in the province.
Quebec History Encyclopedia: Micmac
- Article on the tribe from the Handbook of Indians of Canada.
Union of Nova Scotia Indians
- Tribal council incorporated under the Nova Scotia Societies Act on 3 July 1970 to provide a unified political voice for the Míkmaq people. Seven of the thirteen Míkmaq Bands in Nova Scotia are represented: Eskasoni, Membertou, Wagmatcook, Waycobah, Chapel Island, Shubenacadie and Acadia.
What Became of the Mikmaq after 1755?
- Genealogical and cultural resources on the Mikmaq people.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 1, 2013 6:35:03 AM EST -