become an editor
the entire directory
only in Native_Americans/Organizations
American Indian Movement
American Indian Science and Engineering Society
Financial Aid Providers
Society: Ethnicity: Organizations
Native American Rights Fund
- Providing legal representation to Native American tribes and villages, organizations and individuals to help untangle the maze of laws impacting their lives.
American Indian Heritage Foundation
- Relief, motivation, and resources for Native Americans. Programs, tribal directory, activism, indigenous literature. Fundraiser support and donations welcome.
ANA Eastern Region
- Provides technical assistance and training to tribes and villages submitting grants to the U.S. Administration.
BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres
- Umbrella association for many Aboriginal Friendship Centres throughout British Columbia. Mandate is to aid Urban Aboriginals by offering a wide variety of programs.
California Nations Indian Gaming Association
- Organization governing Indian casinos in California.
Canadian Aboriginal Aids Network
- Provides leadership, support and advocacy for Aboriginal people living with and affected by HIV or AIDS.
The Cultural Conservancy
- A Native American non-profit organization working to preserve traditional cultures, empowering the application of traditional beliefs and practices on ancestral lands.
The East Tennessee Indian League
- A non-profit, non-political, educational organization to promote the culture of Native Americans. We are also the host of the Knoxville, TN powwow.
First Nations Development Institute
- Policy, research, grantmaking, and lending institution. Working to help mobilize the capacity of Native Americans for controlling their own economic assets.
First People's Fund
- Founded in 1995, First People's Fund is committed to supporting the creative work of American Indian artists.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the cultural knowledge and identity of Eastern First Nations People and to preserving their traditional homeland and Sacred Places.
Indian Arts and Crafts Association
- A not-for-profit organization established to support the ethical promotion and protection of authentic Native American art and culture.
Manitoba Indian Cultural Education Centre
- A provincial, not-for-profit charitable educational entity for promoting awareness and understanding of First Nations culture within Manitoba.
Massachusetts Center for Native American Awareness
- Based in Boston, Massachusetts. Educational and social services. Comprehensive list of northeastern tribes and organizations. Newsletter and links.
National Aboriginal Health Organization (NAHO)
- Working to improve Aboriginal health from an Aboriginal worldview arising from community-based interests.
National Congress of Indians
- The National Congress of Indians provides national leadership on issues facing tribal communities throughout the United States. Services include legislative alerts and lobbying.
National Indian Child Welfare Association
- The National Indian Child Welfare Association provides publications, training and information concerning the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978.
National Indian Education Association
- The National Indian Education Association (NIEA) is the largest and oldest Indian education organization in the nation and advocates for Indian control of Indian education.
National Indian Gaming Association
- The National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA) is a nonprofit organization of 168 Indian Nations engaged in tribal gaming enterprises.
National Indian Health Board
- The National Indian Health Board (NIHB)is a nonprofit organization representing tribal governments that advocates for improvements in health care for Indian communities.
National Native Addictions Partnership Foundation
- Information and resources on the prevention and intervention of addictions, alcohol, drug and solvent abuse, for First Nations and Inuit Communities.
Native American Preservation Association of Georgia, Inc.
- A nonprofit educational organization that preserves and promotes Native American culture, art and crafts through printed material and special events.
- Nonprofit organization established to explore the history and culture of the indigenous people of Maine.
Running Strong for American Indian Youth
- Helps Indians meet their immediate survival needs while implementing and supporting programs that create opportunities for self-sufficiency and self-esteem, particularly for tribal youth.
Tohono O'odham Community Action
- Non-profit organization dedicated to creating cultural revitalization and sustainable community development on the Tohono O'odham Nation.
Trail of Tears Association
- Non-profit organization promoting awareness of the forced removal of 1838-1839. History, photographs, and trail maps.
United National Indian Tribal Youth
- National network promoting personal development, citizenship and leadership; headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. Program and event information, staff roster, links.
United Native America
- Working toward a Federal holiday for Native Americans; also racial exclusion in the arts, media, and athletics. Petition, press releases, membership information, links. Opening animation and cursor trails.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 29, 2014 at 6:24:06 UTC -