become an editor
the entire directory
only in Native_Americans/Languages
Intertribal Sign Systems
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Languages of the Americas
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Issues and Activism
Society: Issues: Language: Preservation
Endangered Languages: Revival and Revitalization
- Essay on the struggle to save dying American Indian languages.
First People's Language Resources
- Extensive list of sites regarding teaching, study and preservation of indigenous North American tongues.
Indian Languages of Western Oregon
- Fact sheets on the geographic regions for several Athapaskan, Penutian, Salishan, and Hokan languages
Indigenous People's Languages
- Essay and links on American Indian and other indigenous languages.
Intertribal Wordpath Society
- Non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the teaching, awareness, use, and status of Oklahoma Indian languages. Board roster, announcements, and links.
- Fonts, keyboard mapping, and other orthographical aids for Native North American languages.
Linguistic Classification of American Indians
- Alphabetical list of tribes and languages and four systems of classification.
Native American Culture: Languages
- List of links to sources of information about many American Indian languages.
- Frequently updated list of American Indian linguistic resources.
Native Village Language Library
- American Indian language resources.
The Peopling of the Americas
- Article on the synthesis of linguistic and genetic data with particular reference to Joseph Greenberg's "Amerind" theory.
Quebec History Encyclopedia: Linguistic Families of the Native Languages
- Article on Canadian Indian language families as originally published in 1907 by the Bureau of American Ethnology as part of its Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico.
Salish and Neighboring Languages
- Conference reports on Salish and other languages. Some links given.
Teaching Indigenous Languages
- Articles on teaching, revitalizing, and stabilizing indigenous languages, indigenous language policy, dropout prevention and teacher training.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2014 at 11:24:33 UTC -