become an editor
the entire directory
only in Native_Americans/Health
Open Directory - Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Health
Health: Public Health and Safety: Indigenous Health
- Alternative medicine healing practice based on Native American medicine.
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
- Aboriginal Health Centre located in Hamilton and Brantford, Ontario. Our Mission: To improve the wellness of Aboriginal individuals and of the Aboriginal community by providing services which respect people as individuals with a distinctive cultural identity and distinctive values and beliefs.
Healing of Nations
- Suicide prevention and crisis intervention for Native American youth by Black Bear of the Montana Blackfeet, traditional art therapist and scholar. Essays, mental health brochures, links.
Indian Health Service
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services agency providing healthcare to Native American and Alaskan Native peoples. Scholarships and employment, field office directory, programs, public relations. Numerous downloads and links.
Jim Eagle : Spiritual Counselor
- Spiritual healing using alternative methods and Native American ceremony. Intake questionnaire, description of procedures and Native medicine principles.
Native American Women's Health Education Resource Center
- Local, national, and international programs. Domestic violence, AIDS, cancer, and fetal alcohol syndrome prevention initiatives. Youth, wellness, adult learning, food pantry, environmental awareness and action services.
- Business providing healing techniques including Essene and Native American ceremonies such as firewalks, rebirths, sweatlodges, and weekend retreats.
Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board
- Health statistics and general fact sheets about 40 member tribes, descriptions of programs, committees, and workgroups. Local events and employment opportunities.
Southcentral Foundation Health Information
- Resource for Alaska Natives and other Native Americans to gain health information. Includes facts about drugs, therapy, traditional healing and combination medicine.
The Aboriginal Nurses Association of Canada
- Promotes aboriginal health care for aboriginal people.
Waseskun Healing Circle
- A unique community healing centre which offers services to Aboriginal communities throughout eastern Canada.
White Wolf's Medicine Page
- Native American Medicine and Crafts
Health of Native People of North America
- Annotated Mediagraphy by Sharon Gray and Edward Starr. Reprinted from the MC Journal. (October 27, 1993)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 15, 2013 11:37:58 AM EDT -