become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cultural_Arts/Folklore
Arts: Literature: Cultural: Native American
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Native American
Society: Folklore: Literature: Tales: Fairy Tales: World Tales: Native American
Canku Ota: Stories Index
- Archive of native legends and folktales published in this Indian cultural newsletter.
The Children and the Hummingbird
- Excerpt from a book of Hopi legends.
A Collection of Yukon River Indian Legends
- Small e-text collection of tales.
Eldrbarry's Raven Tales
- Collection of Indian legends from the Pacific Northwest.
First People Legends
- Online collection of more than 1300 tales from the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Indian Story and Song from North America
- Nineteenth-century collection of native legends by Alice Fletcher.
The Ku Bird and the Walking Stone
- Two tales excerpted from a book of Yaqui myths.
The Legend of Eagleman
- An excerpt from a collection of Pima Indian tales.
Native American Literature
- Repository for legends and traditional stories from hundreds of tribes.
Native American Stories
- Collection of Indian legends, mostly unattributed, from various tribal traditions.
Piasa Bird Legend
- The fictional Illinois "Indian" legend of the Piasa Bird, and the explanation of its true origins (a white fictionwriter invented it in the 19th century).
The Story of the Bear and His Indian Wife
- Nineteenth-century recounting of a Haida legend.
Storytelling of the North Carolina Native Americans
- Lumbee, Cherokee, and Occaneechi traditional storytelling and stories.
Tales from the Totems of the Hidery
- Nineteenth-century collection of Haida legends.
Tales of the North American Indians
- 1929 collection of Indian legends and stories.
Zuñi Folk Tales
- Frank Hamilton Cushing's 1901 collection of legends and stories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2016 at 8:15:09 UTC -