become an editor
the entire directory
only in Indigenous/Inuit
Regional: North America: United States: Alaska: Society and Culture: Native Culture
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Eskimo-Aleutian
World: Dansk: Regional: Nordamerika: Grønland: Samfund
Alaska Native Heritage Center
- The Alaska Native Heritage Center is a gathering place that celebrates, perpetuates and shares Alaska Native culture, language, heritage and tradition.
The Arctic String Figure Project
- A collection of well-illustrated detailed instructions on how to make string figures, based on original descriptions of traditional figures collected by researchers in the Arctic. Of particular interest is a series of 100 figures collected by Diamond Jenness, in 1924.
Avataq Cultural Institute
- Non-profit organisation created by the Inuit of Nunavik (Labrador peninsula) to protect and promote their traditional culture. The programmes include archaeology, oral history, place names, and genealogy. A sample of the Inuit art collection that was donated to the Institute by the Department of Indian Affairs and the North, Canada.
Four Directions Institute: Eskimo
- Tribal profile, timeline, and links.
Inuit Business Directory
- A national directory maintained by the Pan Arctic Inuit Logistics Corporation, listing only Inuit-run businesses in Canada.
Inuit Circumpolar Conference (ICC)
- International organization representing approximately 150,000 Inuit living in the Arctic regions of Alaska, Canada, Greenland and Chukotka, Russia.
Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Information about ITK's role in political, cultural and economic development of the Inuit of Canada. In-depth description of their history, culture, territory. Includes maps and visuals.
Inupiaq Studies Curriculum
- Example of integration of Inuit issues in the school, in Alaska (Inupiaq: North Alaskan Inuit)
Iñupiaq Cultural Resources
- Information on the North Alaskan Inuit or Inupiaq people, maintained by the Alaska Native Knowledge Network (ANKN).
Kitikmeot Inuit Association
- An organization to defend, preserve and promote social, cultural and economic benefits to Inuit of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut.
- A non-profit organization owned by the Inuit of Nunavik, with a mandate of the protection of the integrity of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement. It focuses on the political, social, and economic development of the Nunavik region.
- Promoting the development of Inuit economic self-sufficiency and prosperity through responsible management of Inuit owned lands and resources, and through promotion of and support to Inuit business in Nunavut.
Quebec History Encyclopedia: Eskimo (Inuit)
- Article on the Inuit from the Handbook of Indians of Canada.
- Information, photos, links and legends of the Labrador Inuit.
Tuktu and Nogak Project
- A community-driven effort to collect and share Inuit ecological knowledge of caribou and calving areas in the Bathurst Inlet area of the Kitikmeot region, Nunavut, Canada. The site has a photo gallery, a report on the Elder-Youth Camp on the Hiuqqittaaq River, and a list of the interviewees.
- Life, traditions, and history of the Inuit people.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2014 at 18:17:38 UTC -