become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Journals
News and Media
"We are not extinct": The revival of Carib and Taino identities, the internet, and the transformation of offline indigenes into online 'N-digenes'
- A journal article published in SINCRONIA in Spring 2002 and authored by Maximilian C. Forte
Cultural Pluralism and the Emergence of Complex Society in the Greater Antilles
- An article by Samuel M. Wilson on the archaeological history of the pre-conquest Tainos.
Ethnographic Origins: St. Vincent and Tasmania
- This is a transcript of the conference paper presented by Peter Hulme at the Australian Association for Caribbean Studies Conference in Canberra in 2001.
Indians in Cuba
- A full-text article by José Barreiro, reprinted from Cultural Survival Quarterly, provides description and analysis of contemporary Cuban Amerindian descendants.
José Barreiro, A Note on Tainos: Whither Progress?
- A full-text paper by the Cornell-based Taino scholar, José Barreiro, originally published in Northeast Indian Quarterly, and focusing on Cuba.
Journal of Caribbean Archaeology
- The newly created e-Journal of Caribbean Archaeology addresses archaeological research in the Caribbean region and provides a refereed publication. This is the only academic venue devoted specifically to Caribbean archaeology.
Suriname before Columbus
- A full-text paper on the ethnohistory of the Amerindians of Suriname, by A. H. Versteeg and F. C. Bubberman.
Taíno Archaeological Finds in Cuba
- The well-preserved remains of a Taino house have been found at Los Buchillones in Cuba's Ciego de Avila Province. This is the abstract of an article in Archaeology magazine.
Travel, Ethnography, Transculturation: St Vincent in the 1790s
- Peter Hulme provides a full-text of this seminar paper on the Caribs of St. Vincent.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2012 at 10:54:04 UTC -