become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ethnicity/Sami
Open Directory - Society: Ethnicity: Sami
Saami University College
Regional: Europe: Regions: Nordic Countries
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People
This category in other languages:
An Introduction to the Sami People
- Presentation and description of the indigenous population of the Scandinavian peninsula. Covers history, language, culture, art, music, politics and the role of reindeer in Sami culture.
The Kola Sami in Russia
- From the Red Book of the Peoples of the Russian Empire. "The authors of the present book, who come from a country (Estonia) which has shared the fate of nations in the Russian and Soviet empires, endeavour to publicize the plight of the small nations whose very existence is threatened as a result of recent history. Perhaps it is not too late to give a supporting hand to them without an attempt at either ideological brainwashing or economic exploitation." (Introduction).
Northern Lavvu - Makers of Sami tents
- Northern Lavvu: offering traditional Sami tents for fellow Sami and friends. Minneapolis-based small-scale manufacturer. Site contains excellent introduction to the Sami tent with illustrations from classical literature.
Protest against the exploitation of Sami culture
- Protest page against exploitation of the native culture in Rovaniemi, Finland. Examples with illustrations.
The Sami of Norway
- Factual information published by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Written by Elina Helander.
Samis : Location and Population
- Information from the Endangered Uralic Peoples site.
Somby, Ande - Cyberilbmi
- A joik performer of the Sami or Laplander people, Somby also is a designer and photographer, and he is associate professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Tromsø.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 2, 2013 3:29:13 PM EDT -