become an editor
the entire directory
only in Romani/Rights
Open Directory - Society: Ethnicity: Romani: Rights
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Society and Culture: Human Rights
Antigypsyism in the Political Culture of the Federal Republic of Germany:A Parallel with Antisemitism?
- by Gilad Margalit, from the SICSA, Israel.
Bonafide or Bogus?: Roma Asylum Seekers from the Czech Republic
- By Helen O'Nions, 1999.
Czech Government Tries to Infiltrate the International Romani Union
- From the Internet Center for Anti-Racism Europe.
Czech Republic: A Deep Trauma
- The present frictions in Czech-Roma relations have complex and deep-seated causes, from the Central Europe Review.
Exile of the Kosovo Roma
- By Reska.
Law as an Instrument of Discrimination: Denying Citizenship to the Czech Roma
- By Jirina Siklova and Marta Miklusakova, 1998.
Long pursuit of racial purity
- Sweden's forced sterilisation policy, by Laurence Jourdan.
On the Road to Nowhere
- By Jake Bowers-Burbridge, UK.
Roma Monarchist Organisation of Albania
- "As our brothers are fleeing the chaos in Kosovo, they are living as unwanted 'guests' in surrounding countries. It is only with a strong and independent Epirus that our people from all over the region will have a place to call home. A country in which we share equal status with all other citizens."
Roma Women and the Spanish Criminal Justice System
- Project examines the overrepresentation of Roma women in Spanish prisons. Financed by Initiative Daphne, Task Force of the European Commission and directed by the Association LA KALLE of Madrid, in Spanish and English.
Roma Women and the Spanish Criminal System
- Around 25% of women prison inmates in Spain are Roma women, an overrepresentation 20 times greater than the general population. An analysis of this reality, and oriented towards promoting actions against a serious violation of human rights.
Romani in Slovakia
- By Klara Orgovanova for Slovakia.org.
Slovaks vs. Czechs on Gypsies
- Roma in Slovakia.
Social Violence and the Social Institutions
- Paper by Toma Tomov, addresses the issue of violence and social institutions involved in the catering for the public needs in the period of social change following the collapse of the totalitarian regimes in Eastern Europe with an emphasis on the Roma.
The Consequences of Anti-Gypsy Racism in Europe
- By Ian Hancock.
The Destructiveness of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act
- An article critical of provision of the 1994 law which impose hardships on Gypsies and Travellers in the UK.
The Gypsy Law
- Concerning the New Jersey state legislature's repeal of that state's "anti-Gypsy" law, from The Guide, March 1998.
The Marginalisation of Gypsies
- By Helen O'Nions. Examines the rationale behind 'anti-Gypsy' legislation and explores why attempts to assimilate Roma are destined to fail.
The Right to Respect for Home and Family Life
- By Helen O'Nions. Examines a 'Gypsy case' challenging UK legislation.
Transnational Organizations, Human Rights Regimes, and the Roma: The Cases of Hungary and the Czech Republic
- By Richard M. Clewett, Jr., 1999.
Travellers and the Built Environment
- By Steve Staines of Friends, Families and Travellers Support Group.
An appeal on behalf of the Kosovar Roma community
- From the Helsinki Citizens' Assembly. (July 20, 1999)
May 1998 Activity Report of the GHM Roma Office
- From the Greek Helsinki Monitor. (June 06, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:39:14 AM EDT -