become an editor
the entire directory
only in Jewish/Ashkenazi
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders: Bloom Syndrome
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders: Cohen Syndrome
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Brain Diseases: Metabolic: Mucolipidosis Type IV
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Inherited: Maple Syrup Urine Disease
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Judaism
"Die Jiddischen Seiten" of Hagalil
- Yiddish section of the very large Hagalil site for Judaism in Central Europe, mostly in the German language.
Avivale's Yiddish Page
- Humor, stories, and links to other Yiddish sites around the world.
Benny Swartzberg's Yiddish Postcard Collection
- A collection of Yiddish postcards from approximately 1905-1918.
Jewish Short Stories from Eastern Europe and Beyond
- The National Yiddish Book Center and KCRW 89.9FM/Santa Monica, CA, radio program and cassette series hosted by Leonard Nemoy with other famous actors as the readers. and full-length Real Audio recordings of most of the stories.
Kadimah Jewish Cultural Centre and National Library
- Australia's Jewish Cultural Centre and National Library Kadimah, the major Yiddishist organization in Australia.
Khulyot: Di Velt fun Yidish
- Israeli Yiddish literary journal on the web, "Khulyot"/"Di Velt Fun Yidish"
League for Yiddish ייִדיש-ליגע
- Home page of the organization dedicated to the modernization, standardization and use of the Yiddish language. Site has info about the organization, including upcoming events and sample articles from its publication "Afn Shvel". Subscriptions and books may be purchased and donations made through the site.
Max Winer's Yiddish Works
- A collection of the writings (and recordings) of Max Winer.
National Yiddish Book Center
- Home page for the organization that has preserved over one million Yiddish books. Information on programs, exhibits, and facilities and online highlights of the Pakn Treger magazine.
Obermayer German-Jewish History Awards
- Annual awards for voluntary contributions for preserving and recording the Jewish history, heritage, and culture of the remnant German communities.
Refoyls Veb Bletl (Yiddish Poetry Pages)
- A collection of links to pages with Yiddish poetry text in image format (so it can be read on Hebrew-challenged browsers), as well as a collection of Yiddish-interest links.
Shtetl: Yiddish Language and Culture
- Large site devoted to Yiddish language and culture. Many articles and exhibits.
UYIP: Understanding Yiddish Information Processing
- Home page for the UYIP mailing list, with information on Yiddish-language issues facing computer users.
- A discussion forum about new Yiddish culture, hosted by Ari Davidow.
Wolf Lewkowicz Collection
- Includes extraordinary Yiddish letters.
Yiddish Book: On Foreign Soil
- The autobiography of a Jew who grew up in Russia at the turn of the last century. Starts in English and gradually turns back into Yiddish. Complete English version is available on-line.
Yiddish Event Guide
- A useful list of Yiddish programs, organized as a public service Raphael Finkel, providing: Annual Events (recent ones as well as upcoming ones); continuing programs; and academic degree programs
- Information about the 2003 Yiddish Culture Festival for the Washington DC area.
- Yiddish generally, but especially about Yiddish cultural events in and around Paris and the Medem Jewish Library. In French and Yiddish (either in transliteration, in GIF images, or as PDF's).
Yiddishculture.org - The Dora Teitelboim Center
- The foundation publishes Yiddish literature in translated and bilingual editions, and offers Yiddish-related features at its web site, including an online Yiddish course. Includes selections of Teitelboim's poetry in Yiddish and in English translation.
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
- Home page of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, the preeminent center for the study of East European Jewry and Yiddish
Yugntruf - Youth For Yiddish
- An organization devoted to the survival of Yiddish as a living language and culture. Activities conducted entirely in Yiddish. Publishes Yugntruf, a Yiddish-language journal that comes out three times a year.
- Yiddish-language version of Wikipedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2016 at 9:45:03 UTC -