become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pacific_Islanders/Melanesians
Regional: Asia: Indonesia: Provinces: Irian Jaya: Society and Culture: Ethnicity
Regional: Oceania: Fiji: Society and Culture
Regional: Oceania: New Caledonia: Society and Culture
Regional: Oceania: Papua New Guinea: Society and Culture
Regional: Oceania: Solomon Islands: Society and Culture
Regional: Oceania: Vanuatu: Society and Culture
"A Selection of Fundamentals": The Intellectual Background of the Melanesian Mission of the Church of England, 1850-1914
- Full text of a 1988 Ph.D. dissertation by Sara Harrison Sohmer.
Aesthetic Realism and Anthropology: Papua New Guinea
- A Ph.D. dissertation by Arnold Perey on the Oksapmin of West Sepik Province, Papua New Guinea.
At Home in Vanuatu
- A photo-exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences showing cultural aspects of Vanuatu.
Coaxing the Spirits
- The first major exhibition about the art of the Papuan Gulf in over 40 years. On display from April 1-September 17, 2006.
Essays on the Depopulation of Melanesia
- Full text of a 1922 book, edited by W. H. R. Rivers.
The Finished Course, Being Recollections of Bishop Patteson on the Anniversary of His Death (1873)
- Full text of the 1873 publication, "The Finished Course, Being Recollections of Bishop Patteson on the Anniversary of His Death".
The Heart of the Pearl Shell: The Mythological Dimension of Foi Sociality
- Full text of the 1988 book by James F. Weiner.
History and Tradition in Melanesian Anthropology
- Full text of the 1992 book edited by James G. Carrier.
Lecture on the Melanesian Mission
- Full text of an 1863 lecture by R. H. Codrington on the status of the Anglican Mission in Melanesia. [PDF]
The Legacy of Robert Henry Codrington
- An article by Allan K. Davidson on Codrington's impact on Melanesia. [PDF]
Managing Animals in New Guinea: Preying the Game in the Highlands
- Supplementary material for the book of the same name by Paul Sillitoe about animal husbandry among the Wola (Mendi) People.
Maring Hunters and Traders: Production and Exchange in the Papua New Guinea Highlands
- Full text of the book by Christopher Healey.
Melanesia To-day: A Study Circle Book
- Full text of a 1927 book compiled by Arthur Innes Hopkins.
- Genealogy and History from the Islands of Melanesia.
Pioneers of Island Melanesia
- Investigates the prehistory of Island Melanesia, from the time of first settlement some 40,000 years ago until the arrival of speakers of Austronesian languages less than 4,000 years ago.
Religion and Customs in Melanesia
- Full text of a 1949 booklet.
Wage, Trade, and Exchange in Melanesia: A Manus Society in the Modern State
- Full text of the 1989 book by James G. Carrier and Achsah H. Carrier.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 18:24:06 UTC -