become an editor
the entire directory
only in African/Amazigh
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: T: Tamazight
Regional: Africa: Regions: North Africa
Regional: Africa: Regions: West Africa
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Berber
This category in other languages:
- Discussion list for those interested in promoting and preserving the Amazigh culture and Tamazight language.
- News items in English and French, art, history.
- Information on the Amazigh people, their language, and culture.
Encyclopedia of the Orient: Berbers
- Article distinguishes between ancestry and identity. In terms of race, Berbers are a clear majority in North Africa. In terms of identity, people who claim to be Berbers are a substantial minority.
- Portal dedicated to the Kabyle mountains and Amazigh culture. News and opinions, history, French-Kabyle dictionary.
The New Mass Media and the Shaping of Amazigh Identity
- This chapter by Amar Almasude in the book "Revitalizing Indigenous Languages" describes how new technologies have not only enhanced communication but also strengthened cultural identity among the Amazigh people.
Number Systems and Calendars of the Berber Populations of Grand Canary and Tenerife
- Jose Barrios Garca describes some of the findings of his doctoral dissertation on the mathematical and astronomical practices of 14th- and 15th-century Guanches and Canarians.
- Fred Schoenahl and Andy Whittington describe the culture and history of these desert nomads of Mali and Niger, including the resistance of the Saharan Amazigh to different occupations [French/English].
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2014 at 11:52:30 UTC -