become an editor
the entire directory
only in Military/World_War_II
World War II
555th Parachute Infantry
761st Tank Battalion
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II: By Country: United States
African-Americans in WW II
- Photo gallery highlights the contributions of African-Americans in the segregated armed forces. Offers captions and image details.
Employment of Negro Troops
- Ulysses Lee, Professor of English at Morgan State College and former member of the Office of the Chief of Military History, details black involvement in World War II. Hosted by the US Army Center of Military History.
Historian: Harlem at War: The Black Experience in WW II. (book reviews)
- Dominic Capeci reviews Nat Brandt's 1996 book entitled "Harlem at War: The Black Experience in WWII."
Military History Online - The US Army in WWII
- Article explains the circumstances that brought African Americans into combat in WWII, the prejudices the overcame, their sacrifices, and their victories.
Montford Point Marines 28
- Established to perpetuate the legacy of the first African Americans who entered the Marine Corps from 1942 to 1949. Offers news, downloads, convention details, gift store, community service projects, events, boot camp pictures, history album, and the history of African American service in the Corps.
WW2 African-American Medal of Honor Winners
- Read a report on the 1997 ceremony to award the Medal of Honor to seven soldiers and the conditions they survived in the segregated army.
World War II
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 9, 2014 at 8:05:10 UTC -